Linux Read out loud option in Acrobat Reader 9

GrimReaper

Disciple
I have been trying to get this option to work for quite a long time .I tried hooking it up with Orca .It still does not work .

I tried the installation method prescribed here
Orca/Acroread - GNOME Live!

When i select the read out loud option something loads (at the bottom of the pdf document) and then nothing happens .

I know Orca is working ,it reads fine when i make it read text from consoles .Seems like the problem is with the way it interfaces with the Acrobat pdf reader .

It seems to be working in kde i suppose . But i want to get it working in gnome's acrobat 9 .

As far as i know it is supposed to work out of the box ,but it seems for some people this does nt happen .

Dark Star said:
Setup orca using
Code:
orca
command in terminal and once done try using it with someother pdf reader like Evince and Xpdf !

its already setup

PS : i want to stay with gnome .i like speed :Car3:

PS2 : orca works with everything except the pdf document .In fact its right now reading aloud everything that i am posting here !

GrimReaper said:
PS : i want to stay with gnome .i like speed :Car3:

doh if speed is the only/main reason you stick with gnome then do try out latest kde 4.4 series on any stable released distro.. (you can wait for next versions of kubuntu/fedora or try arch now)... you may switch to kde then :p

Back