Audio Realtek HD Audio Problem

I have a Asus P5G-MX motherboard with onboard realtek high definition audio.......it worked fine for about 2 months.....but suddenly sound from my speakers stopped one day....when i checked my speakers on my laptop it worked fine but didnt work on the pc.....even the headphones refused.....:huh:
the onboard device has 3 connectors one for speakers the main one....one for line out or rear speakers and one for the microfone......but when change my config from 2.1 to 4.1 n plug the speakers in the rear output of the sound device i can hear sound.........but the main socket doesnt works...!!:mad:
what the hell is this ?? :S

i think the connector went kaput , u can connect it to pink jack and in realtek control panel click on the pink jack and select line out .

If you want to play around, u might try a fresh installation of windows and see if it works.

But since other jacks are working, its almost certain that the main jack blew up.

Get it replaced.

It seems you cant understand an answer even if it hit you in the head

as neur0tic has posted, your green jack seems to have been busted for some reason. if you want (and the board is in warranty) , you can get the board exchanged . else you ( as you found out yourself) can connect to the rear jack and set it to 4.1

alternately you can use your headphone jack

If you still dont know what to do, i dont think any of us can help you further

^^^

buddy just shut up.......i knoe what can i do n what i cant.....he asked me if the board is under warranty n i replied to him that it is.......i neva said that needed more help......

I think you need help. And not just with your motherboard. You need to stop insulting people first.

You did bump the thread. Bump means you haven't got the answer you needed and you need more help. Or are you someone who doesn't know that? Greenie did point out the solution. Nobody here has an alternative solution for you. At least not me.

And stop bumping your own threads once you find out the answer, or else people are going to point out the obvious to you. You question has been answered by three people in four posts, so what is it you need? Blessings?

Or, going by your attitude so far, not. I don't know which is worse.

Learn to take it a little easy kiddo.

sangram said:
I think you need help. And not just with your motherboard. You need to stop insulting people first.

You did bump the thread. Bump means you haven't got the answer you needed and you need more help. Or are you someone who doesn't know that? Greenie did point out the solution. Nobody here has an alternative solution for you. At least not me.

And stop bumping your own threads once you find out the answer, or else people are going to point out the obvious to you. You question has been answered by three people in four posts, so what is it you need? Blessings?

+1. OPs got wayyyy too much attitude :no:

sangram said:
I don't know if this guy has any history here but you seem to be a bit edgy still.
Chillax dada- take care. :)
sid_rocks12345 said:
ok..........sorry to all......
All only tried to help you. and hope you got the solution
Sometimes we do get fed up of ansering the same stuff over and over again- especially to many people over a period of time. :)
And a bit irritated if the person is being dumb, stubborn or rude or all of those.
All the best- take care. :)

OT. reading the last 4 posts n then looking at greenie's avatar...i dunno if m too sleepy rite now...at first glimpse i thot it was really him giggling.

lolz...

LOL :p

@ OP, if you really insist on using the green jack for output , and cant RMA the board , get a soundcard

But using the pink jack would be the cheaper option

@ BIKeINSTEIN

i noe that buddy........can understand.......well srry...i was jst in a bad mood will take care not to repeat it in near future.......so people chill.....

Back