Realtime racing

Shrey

Adept
This promises to be something :O. Imagine racing Kimi on raceday !

iOpener Media appears ready to take the next step by letting gamers actually participate in race day. The Netherlands-based company has created a way of utilizing GPS signals of professional drivers from a live event to let gamers go head to head with the world's best on their TVs. Sweet! This technology could very soon give you the ability to participate virtually in a real race, provided that iOpener Media has set up track-side servers to communicate car positioning over the Internet and into your gaming console. The system is so accurate, it can determine the location of every vehicle in the race to within 30 cm.

iOpener Media doesn't intend to build the actual games, but it will offer its technology to game developers. It will also provide virtual reality software that blends real and virtual worlds by creating on-the-fly, real-looking crashes and take-over maneuvers that simulate the interaction between real and fake cars.

Real-time virtual racing against live professionals coming soon - Autoblog

That would be pretty awesome. Most people would just go knock someone out they don't like, though. It'll become like Role-Playing Racing.

Amazing concept! Would love to race against pros, I'm sure if the simulation variables are near reality, we would be like 10laps down at the end :p

seems to be some development going on:

First taste of iOpener Enabled: Real-time Racing Portal
AUTOSIMSPORT
Aachen – 3 March 2009
The pre-registration has now officially started for the Real-time Racing Portal at its website of Registration .This portal contains the first game with the iOpener Enabled feature integrated. With the completion of a series of successful test days at the race-track of Zolder in Belgium, the beta testing phase is drawing closer.
The pre-registration is aimed at satisfying the widespread interest and curiosity amongst the people as well as further optimising the iOpener enabled feature.

Its great idea, but that will effect REAL TIME Racing :(

I would love to watch Racing cars with driver inside.. :)

amazing concept it is:hap2:

well , if i happened to play that way , then i might get BANNED........
reason: harsh driving n ramming other car's off the road :p ........also damage to car after every race ....it would be w_r_e_c_k_e_d .

Nikhil said:
Amazing stuff!!

Bad news for the actual racers though. Fernando Crybaby will soon get overtaken by fat geeks sitting at home.
:p

Simracers break real world records by as much as 2 seconds on a regular basis.
This is usually attributed to the fact that simracers don't have to risk their lives, championship and money; so they have no problem with taking unneccesary risks looking for those extra tenths of a second.

Back