Storage Solutions Received Synology NAS without serial number on invoice

sj88

Market Restricted
Recruit
I purchased an older version Synology diskstation NAS from flipkart during the last sale but the associated invoice did not have any serial number mentioned. I raised the complaint and they replaced the product but the replacement had the same issue. As the NAS is a bit old (imported date is Nov, 2020) but has a warranty of 3 years, should I really go for return now? Can I claim warranty with this invoice? Importer of the NAS was Supertron electronics pvt ltd.
The newer versions do not support hardware level encoding and that was the reason for moving to the older version whose stock is anyway very limited.

Flipkart - not so sure. You can contact seller (directly or through flipkart) and ask for invoice with serial number on it.

In most cases, the RMA would have no issues with absence of serial number on it. I don't have experience with synology though. As none of flipkart invoices have serial numbers, this in theory shouldn't be a problem.

Amazon on the other hand were quick to provide updated pslip with serial number (they had asked for product photos and box photos with serial number)

Flipkart - not so sure. You can contact seller (directly or through flipkart) and ask for invoice with serial number on it.

In most cases, the RMA would have no issues with absence of serial number on it. I don't have experience with synology though. As none of flipkart invoices have serial numbers, this in theory shouldn't be a problem.

Amazon on the other hand were quick to provide updated pslip with serial number (they had asked for product photos and box photos with serial number)
RetailNet is not providing the updated invoice citing the reason as unable to modify invoice once it was generated. They are asking me to return the item.

Also, flipkart invoices do contain the serial number. I had also purchased the Brother printer and the invoice had the serial number mentioned in it. This is why I raised the concern for the NAS.

RetailNet is not providing the updated invoice citing the reason as unable to modify invoice once it was generated. They are asking me to return the item.

Also, flipkart invoices do contain the serial number. I had also purchased the Brother printer and the invoice had the serial number mentioned in it. This is why I raised the concern for the NAS.
Then return, get refund and order from amazon in coming sale.

I purchased an older version Synology diskstation NAS from flipkart during the last sale but the associated invoice did not have any serial number mentioned. I raised the complaint and they replaced the product but the replacement had the same issue. As the NAS is a bit old (imported date is Nov, 2020) but has a warranty of 3 years, should I really go for return now? Can I claim warranty with this invoice? Importer of the NAS was Supertron electronics pvt ltd.
The newer versions do not support hardware level encoding and that was the reason for moving to the older version whose stock is anyway very limited.
Which model . Pls post link and your purchase price

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-02 184351.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-02 184351.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 129
Which version are you getting in return that does not have HW encoding?
I am not upgrading. DS923+ has ryzen processor which doesn't support the H/W encoding. I will try to purchase the same old model if it comes down to the similar price point from Amazon or the used model from this forum.

I am not upgrading. DS923+ has ryzen processor which doesn't support the H/W encoding. I will try to purchase the same old model if it comes down to the similar price point from Amazon or the used model from this forum.

Do try your luck with getting an upgrade to the next model after the 923+ in that case.

Do not go for the older models.

Optionally, you can also try getting a seperate NUC for this.

Do try your luck with getting an upgrade to the next model after the 923+ in that case.

Do not go for the older models.

Optionally, you can also try getting a seperate NUC for this.
Sure. The newer model after 923+ would come in late 2025. I can try the NUC route provided the support for multiple bays

Back