PC Peripherals Receiver for Microsoft Wireless Mouse

CeDrIc

Adept
I have been using a MS Wireless Mouse 1000 since 1.5 years.
Recently the receiver got damaged and is broken. Unable to use the mouse now.
Is there anyway i can get the receiver replaced from Microsoft or get it in some store?

have you tried contacting micrsoft support? some of their mouse models carry 3year waranty
I have contacted them via mail, havent received a reply yet. Tried calling them, waited for ~30 mins, no one responded :( , stuck at automated voice response.

I checked out a few threads over at MS Support from various customers who are in search of a receiver alone but it appears MS does not give or retail the receiver separately. A user got a receiver from a different manufacturer but was unable to sync it with the MS mouse. So they suggest that only MS' receivers pair with MS' mouse.

This is sad. The tiny receiver could be misplaced anywhere. Not sure if Logitech or any other manufacturer for that matter, retails the receiver separately.

honestly, the answer across all brands is no! get a new mouse!!!

if you want to be choosy. go for logitech unify models, i switched to unify receivers since i have like 5-6 wireless kb/mouse. UNIFY receivers are swappable/switchable but you dont get receivers separately in india....

Back