receiving fraud calls from international numbers on whatsapp

this morning I received a call from a international number on my whatsapp , and the fact that he knew my father's name and my details is worrisome.
the call was from some police inspector regarding something bad I cursed and disconnected the call.

how do I report the number?
any website??
next steps?

photo_2024-04-01 10.23.17.jpeg
photo_2024-04-01 10.23.21.jpeg

I also got message from Morocco ....till some time now our numbers were being used by Indian scammers . Now international scammers want their share too.

I blame mostly the chinese handsets and apps we buy and use for making our details available much easier.

This is a well known scam currently going on, please tell about this to your family members as well so that they don't panic.

They generally target senior citizens and try to scare them that their ward has committed some heinous crime.

this morning I received a call from a international number on my whatsapp , and the fact that he knew my father's name and my details is worrisome.
Are you in or have you ever joined public WhatsApp groups?
how do I report the number?
any website??
next steps?
From here

The DoT has urged the public to report such fraudulent calls through the 'Chakshu-Report Suspected Fraud Communications' facility on the Sanchar Saathi portal (www.sancharsaathi.gov.in).

Proactive reporting can assist the DoT in preventing the misuse of telecom resources for cybercrimes and financial frauds.

Last edited:
There was a Truecaller database leaked with Ph. No, Name, Email and Phone Carrier. Its not hard to search and connect these family info when you have access with other leaked database.
You can check which dump has your email or phone number info here.
It has nothing to do with Made in China phones like Apple.

no way to search up my phone number to leaked
Try using +91XXXXXXXXXX in the search box. My phone number was found here.

000291.jpg

You can also check a little post I wrote on how to be protected to these type of things.

Last edited:
They pretend to be from army police etc it's nquite common scam these days I got a call from a person pretending to be a friend of my mama and asked for some money. I asked how do you know me and did mama gave my number to you.He said yes he himself gave it. I cussed him out bcuz my mama passed away years ago

They pretend to be from army police etc it's nquite common scam these days I got a call from a person pretending to be a friend of my mama and asked for some money. I asked how do you know me and did mama gave my number to you.He said yes he himself gave it. I cussed him out bcuz my mama passed away years ago
hope, you and others, once came to know it's scam call, just, NEVER tell them them the truth or confirm in anyway, if they came to know truth, next time either they used same or avoid same in their favor.

Back