Health & Fitness Recent Increase in no of heart attacks

Coming back to the topic, don't stress about it. You guys are young. You're not going to have heart attacks just like that.

No matter how but stay active. Gym is convenient but it doesn't have to be that. Just stay active. Take staircase, do your own chores, not hire house maid. Not having an active lifestyle is as bad as having full blown smoking habit. Our bodies suffer atrophy if we don't keep them active.
To add to the above, other things I try to follow personally:

1. Eat healthy, wholesome foods. Keep eating outside, or junk food to 1 to 2 times a week. Think about what we are putting in our body. Something that I have tried with myself, and has helped. If we are having acidity/GERD, we need to change our diet/routine after consulting a doctor/nutritionist. Also, drink adequate amount of water through the day. Dehydration can lead to a lot of issues. As can overhydration.
  2. Get good rest, and sleep at least 6-7 hours a day. 4 hours one day, and 12 the next doesn't help. Have a good sleeping/resting routine. All of us have sedentary day jobs. Please make sure to take breaks and move/stretch during the day
  3. Exercise for at least half an hour every day. This is not a walk while talking on the phone. Get our heart rate to at least the limit of the aerobic zone. I decide what feels good to me on a given day. If I do some intense days (2-3 hours+), I have a rest day somewhere in between for the body to recovery.
  4. Gym/HIIT is good, if we can give our body enough time to recover, and provide adequate nutrition, and massaging to supplement all the damage done to our body in high intensity training.
  5. If we've had Covid recently, consult a doctor about how we can get back to a normal routine. Don't rush it, take it slow. There's still much that is not known about the disease, but there are a few things that are worrisome - lung damage, blood clotting, heart damage (I personally know of people who've had significant problems), pancreatic damage (diabetes after Covid), brain fog, general fatigue. I think I got Covid in the Omicron wave (my tests were negative), and for two weeks I just felt slow, and fatigued. I slowly got back to running, which is my primary activity, and things have been back to normal now.
There is no conclusive evidence to show vaccination results in any adverse affect to the heart. Anything that we put into our bodies has an effect, but we need to weigh the risks and effect. We needed to be vaccinated to avoid getting serious Covid complications. Vaccines definitely helped.

My background: I am trained in emergency medicine (WEMT), and teach Wilderness Medicine as an instructor. But I am not a doctor, so all of this is just general advice, based on my personal experiences. I admit that I geek out on medicine journals and podcasts. John Campbell is not someone I follow, but prima facie what he is stating are anecdotes, without factual backing.

Disclaimer: Please make changes to your lifestyle only after consulting your doctor/trainer/physio/nutritionist. They will be a better judge of how you can change things. Please don't make sudden changes to your routine, as that puts stress on your heart and lungs the most.

fitness freak, eating anything to get body tone..

need to do survey how many gym going get heart attack compare to people who didn't do anything or either do some yoga, lite exercise at home and eating normal foods... not taking whey protein, fancy shakes, mix juices, packed juices etc,.etc.

Last edited:
Exactly that's my point. I never smoked and am a student. But In Feb 2021 i had increased heart rate and suddenly palpitations. No family history of heart attacks, diabetes etc. My digestive system became worse. And My two friends had a same problem exact same symptoms that all too after covid. I had All test done TMT, 2D echo, Ekg all were normal. But this palpitations came out of nowhere. I don't know the reason but Covid has a big role in it.
COVID did make existing anxieties issues worse for many like myself. I remember seeing you in other thread asking help on the same, hope you got help and doing good now.

I see so many comments demonising gym goers without any data to back them up. For people thinking gym goers are getting more heart attacks just compare it to the number of general population who are getting heart attacks and you'll get your answer.

That being said it's wise to consult a doctor before joining gym or starting any intensive exercise/sports especially these days as Covid is getting passed on like cold and it's causing heart damage etc to many affected and abruptly starting gym or other body intensive sports might end badly for Covid affected people. In other countries even kids at school are allowed to sports only after proper screening.

Like Lockhart said a sedentary lifestyle causes the most harm and leads to many lifestyle diseases so allocate at least 30mins to 1 hour daily for exercise, it can be gym, swimming, any sport or just continuous walking as it is only going to do more good to your body and mind.

COVID did make existing anxieties issues worse for many like myself. I remember seeing you in other thread asking help on the same, hope you got help and doing good now.

I see so many comments demonising gym goers without any data to back them up. For people thinking gym goers are getting more heart attacks just compare it to the number of general population who are getting heart attacks and you'll get your answer.

That being said it's wise to consult a doctor before joining gym or starting any intensive exercise/sports especially these days as Covid is getting passed on like cold and it's causing heart damage etc to many affected and abruptly starting gym or other body intensive sports might end badly for Covid affected people. In other countries even kids at school are allowed to sports only after proper screening.

Like Lockhart said a sedentary lifestyle causes the most harm and leads to many lifestyle diseases so allocate at least 30mins to 1 hour daily for exercise, it can be gym, swimming, any sport or just continuous walking as it is only going to do more good to your body and mind.
Yeah i am doing good. But sometimes I have chest pain. But cardiologist says it's all anxiety . I already got all tests done. And the recent increase in heart attacks scares me. That's why I posted here. I walk everyday 5km . But i don't know when I will be same like I was in pre covid.

Yeah i am doing good. But sometimes I have chest pain. But cardiologist says it's all anxiety . I already got all tests done. And the recent increase in heart attacks scares me. That's why I posted here. I walk everyday 5km . But i don't know when I will be same like I was in pre covid.
Your words feel like you're still stuck in worrying over your own health. Kindly consider getting professional help from a psychologist/psychiatrist.

Back