Audio Recommend 2.0 speakers for 5K

bhupatib

Disciple
Looking for decent 2.0 speakers for Music only. For me portability comes second to SQ so will consider the 'messier' 2.1 setup only in exceptional cases!

Here are the requirements -
* Mostly metal and rock. Some classical and jazz. Little pop and R&B. NO hippy hop and electronic!
* Appreciate mids and detail more than thumping bass and sparkly treble. Although little good ol bass won't hurt!
* Small room so nothing loud, personal listening only. But boxy, hollow sounds can be avoided.
I guess the word is 'big sound'.
* Source: Default soundcard and sansa clip+
* Sonic XP level: Have used headphones like Ultrasone HFi450 and SM PL50, never had decent speakers. Can't audition fancy sets here but heard a friend's iBall Tarang 2.1 - felt bass was overpowering but punchy, lacked detail, metal sounded muddy, recessed mids and avg instrument separation. (good value though! :) )
* Budget: hmm can go upto 8K but beyond that is just cruel so please refrain from giving me high hopes of 'better' audio! It never ends.

Thank you!

T20 seems good but availability is an issue. Flipkart is the only place showing reasonable price but is out of stock.
Local availability and price?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW how's Edifier R1600T Plus? Has similar specs of T20 but couldn't find any reviews..

You can also check out the logitech z623. Flipkart retails at 7400 shipping included. Is a pretty decent buy.

Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II (2.0) stereo Speaker

Logitech Z-2300 2.1 Speakers (if you can find old stock anywhere)

Logitech Z-623 2.1 Speakers

Altec Lansing MX6021 Expressionist ULTRA 2.1

Edifier C3 Multimedia Speaker

Edifier S530 Multimedia Speaker

May be a little out of league, but no harm in suggesting: Jawbone Jambox or Soundmatters Foxlv2. Both are very similar. They have bluetooth and battery backup of 8-10 hours. The size is very small.. similar to a blackboard duster. You can slip them in your laptop bag when you travel. I have been using the Jambox for the past few months. The SQ and bass is surprisingly good for the size. I purchased it with the intention of using it while travelling, but I use it more often than that. In fact, these are my main speakers for personal listening. I bought mine for around 8k.

The Bose 2.0 speakers for 100 USD + tax is also good.

I would suggest you to listen to both of them personally.

Back