Monitors Recommend 22-24in monitor

targetblimp

Disciple
hey guys...was hoping to buy a 22-24" monitor....but there seem to be so many around its making my head dizzy...:S :huh:

i was looking for something with a good viewing space....probably something with a 16:10 ratio...but was wondering wether its a good desicion or not? :huh: ( i dont care about the horizantal bars)

colors are very important as i will be using it for flash, photoshop, etc( the need for maximum screen space) and watching movies....maybe a little bit o'gaming. and can i hang it up on a wall???

i have a budget of about 15-16k( nothing above it ).....and had set my eyes on the dell 248wfp or the samsung 2233 sw......but i was seriously hoping i could get something more for my money. i did some net searching and found out about the average build and quality of lcd monitors especially in the 22" segment....i wonder what happened to acer?? i cant find anything about its products.

i would really love your take on this guys....plus i was hoping to get my hand off my 17" lg flatron CRT....are there any exchage schemes in nehru place??

targetblimp said:
well if i got 2k more to spare cant i get something in full hd??

no use getting a 22in full hd its jst another marketing gimmick.

:hap2:Dell 2209WA the eips one:hap2:

as H2O suggested.

You cannot get a decent 24incher in 16k.

H@cKer said:
no use getting a 22in full hd its jst another marketing gimmick.

:hap2:Dell 2209WA the eips one:hap2:

as H2O suggested.

You cannot get a decent 24incher in 16k.
+1

2209wa is the way to go. i dun think it has a con. besides the fact tht it doesnt have a 24" cousin...

madmaniac said:
I have a samsung T220 I'm happy with it. :)
rocky_pratik said:
I have Samsung 2233SW.

For 10k it is completely worth it

:D
Boot_Comp said:
targetblimp said:
what about the 2405fpw???
vijayshimla said:
Dell S2409W With 5 Years Warranty @ Rs :16575/ from Amarbir should be considered.
trust me guys once you see an e-ips screen. u really wouldnt want anything else. n its for 14k now... :D

I have not experienced S2409W myself.. but from the feature comparison of eIPS and TN, i would say you should not think twice before buying 2209WA as its much better in terms of viewing angles and colour accuracy. 22 inch full hd like 2233SW/E2200HD or 24 inch TN(thats the 24 inch you can get within 16k) will never come near it in terms of these two factors.

So unless you absolutely require a 24 inch, I would suggest the 2209WA for the sheer quality of the panel in there.

went to nehru place yesterday. couldnt find a trace of a 22" dell lcd monitor, let alone the 2209wa:( .....went everywhere- c2c, direct advantage, smc, and a couple of other shops. they all had lg, samsung and other riff-raff...even the dell showroom had no idea about it. :S

It is not yet available to all channel distributors.. even many of Dell's own Sales reps dont know abt its availability. you can call up Dell and enquire about it or you can get it for a very good price from a dealer here itself.

Check out this thread.. Dell Products

Back