recommend a cordless phone!

well whats ur budget,companies to look for are panasonic,uniden.
if u want good battery life avoid phones that are 5.8ghz and 2.4 ghz.

my Panasonic KX-tg6051s is quite good...and has a talking caller id..and 5.8Ghz link to base....u get three phones with it.....got it from us...checkout if the model is available here....caller id will not work out of the box in india(if its a us model)....u need a 300 rupee device(dont know what its called....its written adsl splitter on it though) to get the caller id function..

PS:...listening to indian names in a faaarin accent...funny..

PS:will not work during power cuts....u will need a standard phone as a backup..

Siemens makes some good cordless phones....Gigaset series....I am using Siemens Gigaset A200 from past 3 years,not a single problem...Its very basic but gets the job done ;)

As cricfan said most of the cordless phones wont work during power cut

adder said:
well whats ur budget,companies to look for are panasonic,uniden.

if u want good battery life avoid phones that are 5.8ghz and 2.4 ghz.

i got a panasonic 5.8 walla... n its batt life is good...

spynic said:
i got a panasonic 5.8 walla... n its batt life is good...

well i also have the 5.8ghz model KX-TG6700BX which i bought for 8400 its the most expensive 5.8ghz panasonic phone with single handset(upto 8hansets can be added).
i used a 2,4ghz phone for 1 week prior to my purchace of the 5.8ghz KX-TG6500 which was latter again exchnage for the KX-TG6700 ,what i have noticed is that both the 5.8ghz phone have a short talk time compared to the 2.4ghz phone.the 900mhz phones are the best in terms of battery life.

Beetel ones are reasonable and get the job done. Dad has one at home with battery backup in the base unit as well. So it operates even during power cuts :) Look it up.

cricfan said:
my Panasonic KX-tg6051s is quite good...and has a talking caller id..and 5.8Ghz link to base....u get three phones with it.....got it from us...checkout if the model is available here....caller id will not work out of the box in india(if its a us model)....u need a 300 rupee device(dont know what its called....its written adsl splitter on it though) to get the caller id function..

PS:...listening to indian names in a faaarin accent...funny..

PS:will not work during power cuts....u will need a standard phone as a backup..

how did you get it working, mine does say "Number available" only

why all the trouble get a cordless phone from the grey market which works on indian type of caller id service that is the main reason why i gave back the panasonic KX-TG6500 the CID didnt work so i had to buy a fintel splitter so i gave the phone back and bought KX-TG6700 which works on indian standards.

alright guys thx a ton!! for all the replies sorry was caught up with some proj work, my budget is about 4 k now as i understand lower the freq greater the talktime..so whts good in the low freq phones or wht are the models which have the low freq thingy?

PS: i have a wireless router hope it does'nt affect it :p

they belong to different frequency bands..

lower freq higher range

higher freq better sound quality.. but range not bad..

batt life.. ofcourse they use a better batt for 5.8GHz..

check if you have a wifi device and what band it operates in. If its 2.4 Ghz for the wifi then, dont get a 2.4 ghz phone. You Wifi line will drop once u get a phone call.

Back