Recommend a Dual SIM Phone

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
1. Q: Budget?
A: <3k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any.

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Any.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Samsung & Nokia. But other suggestions are welcome too.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Numpad.

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Not required.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: No preference.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: No particular preference. But if possible within budget then 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calls, Messaging, Music.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Require Dual SIM, both should be active. And also the battery life should be decent, it should last for >2days with normal usage(messaging+calls).

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None yet.

Samsung E2152 ~ 2.85k. You can get message in both SIM @ any time. You can recieve or call from both SIM's anytime.

But when u are on call in SIM 1 and if someone calls your SIM 2 you will not recieve the call and the caller will hear switched off/ not-reacheable tone instead of waiting.

So one SIM is on call the other goes inactive. Rest of the times both are active.

Some suggestion,

I hope you know there are two types of Dual Sim Phones.

1. Dual Sim Active Mode (Both Sims active all the time; You can receive calls on both the sims at the same time and also messages). [Samsung C3212] Rs.3649/-(flipkart.com)

2. Dual Sim Standby Mode (Both the sims are active but, when on a call on Sim1, Sim2 becomes not reacheable).[ DA Suggestion of Samsung E2152]

^^the phone may be outdated but gets the job well done as according to your specifications !! Why i suggested that model specifically cos, there aint any better dual sim active mode that is good enough as this. It may be a little old. But if your willing to invest in something a little more peppy check the Samsung C6112. It overshoots your budget.

it not necessary both the sim slots should be occupied, any one will do.

Guys, which is the most economical and reliable phone of the following type?

2. Dual Sim Standby Mode (Both the sims are active but, when on a call on Sim1, Sim2 becomes not reacheable).

The cheaper the better, but should be a reliable brand, no cheapo chinese ones...

Nokia C1-01 is not even a Dual standby phone, meaning - you cannot get incoming calls in SIM2 even when SIM1 is not engaged in a call

As of now, the worthy Dual SIM phone is Samsung E2152.

Also don't go for any chinese phones (Videocon, Onida, included) as SAR rating is very high in those phones

There is Samsung C5212. Absolute crap of a phone. Pathetic Call quality. Keys are hard to press.

What I have seen. Anyone who uses a Samsung phone for a time vows never to buy a samsung phone again.

rajat565 said:
i am also looking for a dual sim

how is micrmax x260

Micromax X260 Price: Buy Micromax X260: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

does both the sims work live on it,i.e. if there is call on one sim then the call on other sim comes as waiting.
Its a "Dual GSM Dual Standby", and the meaning has been briefly summarized by abracadabra

1. Dual Sim Active Mode (Both Sims active all the time; You can receive calls on both the sims at the same time and also messages). [Samsung C3212] Rs.3649/-(flipkart.com)

2. Dual Sim Standby Mode (Both the sims are active but, when on a call on Sim1, Sim2 becomes not reacheable).[ DA Suggestion of Samsung E2152]

Back