PC Peripherals Recommend a Good Inverter or UPS

medpal said:
and only inverter for pc it not advisable as switch on time for inveter is more than ups so it will restart the pc.

That is not necessarily true since computer directly draws power from UPS not
inverter and so even if the inverter takes time to start computer will still get backup power from the UPS before the inverter starts.

arrow055 said:
inverter and so even if the inverter takes time to start computer will still get backup power from the UPS before the inverter starts.
Originally Posted by medpal
and only inverter for pc it not advisable
Hey medpal didnt mean it that way. He said if u connect the PC directly to the inverter (that is without the UPS), then the PC would restart.

arrow055 said:

mask has cleared the doubt but still.

what i meant was :

your ups must get supply from mains or its own batteries, connecting it to an inverter in case of power breakout for extended backup is not advisable.

secondly you can not replace ups by an inveter i mean in between mains and pc you can keep an ups but not an inverter it may restart pc if power failure occurs.

so in short what you need is an ups with a good rating and a bunch of extra external batteries for you extended backup.

But the New Su-Kam pure sine wave inverters have two operating modes;inveter and UPS.
So if I connected this to my pc in UPS mode, it would still reboot?

Back