Recommend a phone with 8-16gb space good for music

madmaniac

Adept
I'm looking to sell off my 80gb ipod and my n73me and buy a phone which acts as both together.

I need something which can have upto 16gb storage atleast and should have good battery life for listening to music. I do not need it for watching videos.

I was thinking of getting the iphone. Could others enlighten me to other phones out there that could be an option. My budget is 18-25k max.

i strongly recomend u nokia xpressmusic 5800. One of my friends got that and its reallt great phone.. its got 8gb memory, 3.5mm jack, great screen and ull really love it.. he brought that for 18k at Bangalore.

my friend has that phone too. So that is an option I am considering. Esp since it can be expandable to 16gb.

so that makes 2

Iphone

xpressmusic 5800

Iphone

xpressmusic 5800

If I recommend one from them this tread would be converted in flame wars.Apple vs Anti-Apple.

Both phones are capable in their own terms and they cannot be compared with each other.

And seeing ur needs both phones are perfect for you so if depends on u which one to choose if u want to save money u can get 5800xm otherwise iphone 3G 8GB

I dont know but apple products are just so appealing especially because they are made to last and dont lag and...I wont go on any more.

BTW what about n96 it has 16gb internal + card support.. but i see that battery life isnt so good on that

madmaniac said:
so that makes 2
Iphone
xpressmusic 5800

Considering that you have a max budget of 25k, iPhone wouldn't be a choice for you unless you want to go for the imported 8GB version which should just about make it into your 25k budget. Also note that iPhone has fixed storage, so if you really want 16GB storage, then you have no choice but to get a 16GB version which will exceed your budget by a considerable margin. The imported versions seem to be selling around the 28~30k range and the offically distributed version will set you back by about 34k.

As for Nokia 5800, you can get one for 18~19k and a 16GB micro SHDC would set you back by about 3~3.5k. You will also still have your 8GB card bundled with the phone for a total of 24GB.

As for Music capabilities, Neither of the phones has good audio quality (compared to a good dedicated player like COWON D2), but the gsmarena review of the 5800 shows that's both have almost similar level of audio quality with each beating the other in various areas by marginal values. The battery life for music playback is also about the same for both devices.

So there, take your pick depending on your budget. :)

I'm using a N95 classic with a 8GB card. sound quality is pretty good, much better than my K750 with all the mods. however less louder than my previous modded phone. Using it with EP630 and PL-30s

You can get a N95 classic ( if its still available) and get a 16gig card if you desire for 16gigs.

my 5800 sucks for music. the output through headphones or aux cable is way too low. another user on this site was reporting the same thing but it could be a problem with only both our phones. maybe taking it to Nokia Care will fix it.

H@cKer said:
Iphone
xpressmusic 5800

If I recommend one from them this tread would be converted in flame wars.Apple vs Anti-Apple.

Both phones are capable in their own terms and they cannot be compared with each other.

And seeing ur needs both phones are perfect for you so if depends on u which one to choose if u want to save money u can get 5800xm otherwise iphone 3G 8GB

iPhone wont give him both :rofl:
+1 for 5800

Back