Recommend an Ipad for the family

laugh

Disciple
Please suggest an ipad model .

Usage:

Apps, note taking, movies, songs, surfing and games for kids (12 and 6)

Budget is not a constraint but would like to get bang for the buck.

Retina display is preferred.

The question really is should we go ahead and purchase existing model or wait for new releases. Also, is it attractive to ask someone from US to buy when they travel to India.

Looking to keep it for 4-5 years.

There is quite some difference between wifi only models and wifi+3g models. (I see the term cellular in the apple site. Are 3g and cellular one and the same)Are there 3g dongles that can be used which won't spoil the looks too much.

I guess u should wait as new ipad 5 coming next month or late september
Its always wise to take a upgraded product,specially in case with Apple

Cellular ones have facility to put SIM Card in them so you can use the cellular network EDGE/3G and browse on iPad (when wifi is not available). More practical for people on the move. If you have wifi at your home, don't spend extra on the cellular model.
Also i guess the cellular ones have GPS chip built in, correct me if am wrong.
iPads do not support any dongle or anything so that is out of question.

Since it would be used by kids, i do suggest the current mini. I am not big on retina display to be honest and the mini's display looks very very nice as it is.
I always recommend the wifi - 3g model as the ipad is as good as a brick when you take it out if you cant use internet.

Recently, I got myself an iPad Mini Wifi only 16GB version...for Rs.21.9k+some freebies from Croma

My first tab....(also in my family)

It is basically for home/family use, so didnt go for cellular(2G/3G) model....

Lacks retina display but its great for me...will be using it for games, web surfing, music and sometimes a movie or a TV episode or an ebook.

Its very light and portable compared to the normal version.

IMO 7.9" screen size is enough for a tablet....

Hope this helps!

I would suggest go for iPad 3... I m using the same which I got like 4-5 back... I m seriously enjoying it... For your use - music, games, surf etc etc...

It is purely value for money. Ofcourse iPad 4 or 5 will be better than the one that I m using bt it will still be doing the same things that of iPad 3.. So would suggest instead spending 40-50k save like 10-15k n get ipad3.. (personal suggest)..

Back