Recommend Cheap WiFi + Ethernet Modem/Router for BSNL

MHG

Adept
I've BSNL Rs. 900 combo plan with 4MBPS upto 8GB and 256kbps beyond. Got a desktop (which needs ethernet connection) and a laptop at home. Could also get a netbook later. And maybe a wifi enabled phone. So need a modem for this. Any suggestions ?

And can such a modem/router be used for connecting the laptops/desktops together and gaming over lan ?

What do you mean by cheap?? If you are really looking for cheap ones, get Type II ones from BSNL. They works fine. I'm using it from 2 years, no issues till now.

Yup. It does it's job very well, just if you need much advanced features then it's not your cup of tea. But it does it job of routing very well.

@ krishnandu- i have a BSNL sterlite smartAx MT841 modem without the wireless card on a BB750 plan. This is connected to an Xp machine over USB. Any pointers to a wireless setup to connect my lappy and wifi mobile? i have absolutely no idea about wireless technolgy. any router that can be used along with this modem?also i know that it has a WLAN PCMCIA card slot. so can i get that so that the modem becomes wifi enabled. (no idea if i can source this as the model is already 3-4 years old) also what will be the range? i need to access net from a room above this setup with the lappy. You probably have an idea as i guess you are using a similar setip. any info would be of gr8 help!

Back