Recommend Sneakers for all day wearing

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Hello folks,

Need to get a pair of Sneakers primarily for all day wearing. These will NOT be used for running/ trekking but will be used for general outdoor walking around on city terrain (both in India and abroad). One thing I absolutely do need is good all-round inner cushioning with soft heel cushioning in particular because otherwise I end up getting heel pain the day after. I have been using Max Cushioning shoes from Skechers and those have been very nice and comfortable to wear. Just wanted a change, that's all.

Was thinking about picking up from Nike, Asics, Reebok or Adidas (I'm open to other brands as well) so thought of getting some input and recommendations here as to which ones are good and worth getting.

Budget: I don't really have a fixed budget but would like to keep it under 10k.

What about Nike Pegasus ?

This is one shoes I have heard good things about as well... need to check them out, thanks!

@ankushv : Thing with Asics Gel line up is they have a number of shoes with the name 'Gel" attached so which one to go for?

I also came across these:

NIKE Defy All Day Training & Gym Shoes For Men

^^ Although these are black (stealthy!) and don't look very exciting like some other Nike's out there, reviews online and on Youtube suggest they are light and very comfortable to wear all day long.

This is one shoes I have heard good things about as well... need to check them out, thanks!

^^ Although these are black (stealthy!) and don't look very exciting like some other Nike's out there, reviews online and on Youtube suggest they are light and very comfortable to wear all day long.
Yea well those are on the higher end of your budget but totally worth it (personally)
I was surprised when my father bought it (for himself) without asking me if it was good for the price or not

How did you come across Defy never heard about the lineup

Using both Asics gel and Nike Air for long . Both are good for general purpose usage . Use gel 8 or 9 type shoe. .Nike Air max too is good .

How did you come across Defy never heard about the lineup

Came across them while searching Nike on Flipkart and personally liked their all black look. Think they'll go with darker blue jeans very well.

Here are a couple of reviews I watched on Youtube about the said Defy:

The price on them is also at 3.3k now (was 3.8k a couple of days ago). I might just pick these up irrespective of whether I get a more expensive Nike or Asics.

Using both Asics gel and Nike Air for long . Both are good for general purpose usage . Use gel 8 or 9 type shoe. .Nike Air max too is good .

Please mention which Asics Gel you are using. They have a big Gel lineup.

Showing 3.75 for me both on Amzn and Flopkart

This is what is showing for me on Flipkart:

Capture.JPG

That Defy thing looks good. Thanks for mentioning of it. Affordable one for me. But main question has been remaining for me is the place of purchase. I mean does Amazon or FK sell genuine shoes at all? If I want to buy it genuine above everything irrespective of price/discounts where to get them from? Directly from manufacturer website, or offline stores?

That Defy thing looks good. Thanks for mentioning of it. Affordable one for me. But main question has been remaining for me is the place of purchase. I mean does Amazon or FK sell genuine shoes at all? If I want to buy it genuine above everything irrespective of price/discounts where to get them from? Directly from manufacturer website, or offline stores?

I usually buy from all 3... FK, Amazon and offline (brand showrooms in Quest or South City Mall in Kolkata). When I buy from FK I always stick to FK Assured products as a rule and I do not make exceptions to this even if a deal is good. So far from my experience Skechers shoes from FK came very nicely packed and the shoe box was in absolute pristine condition, no dents whatsoever. Also, if you think the shoes you got are not legit with Assured products they usually do come with the option to return them so that way you are safe. I haven't used Myntra for shoes yet but they do have a very impressive stock... do check out their website. I think they take slightly longer time frames to ship out their orders sometimes when compared to FK or Amazon from what I have heard from friends.

Buying offline of course has it's merits... you can try the shoe on, look at it in real time perspective and then decide on if you should get it or not. But discounts in the Asics, Nike, Reebok showrooms in malls in Kolkata are kind of meh from what I have seen.

Regarding the above Nike Defy Flipkart is offering 'Open Box Delivery' so that is a good thing.

Last edited:
Buying offline of course has it's merits... you can try the shoe on, look at it in real time perspective and then decide on if you should get it or not. But discounts in the Asics, Nike, Reebok showrooms in malls in Kolkata are kind of meh from what I have seen.
I usually buy from factory outlet stores, you get good discount there, bought Nike windflow 9 six months back. I do not use it regularly but it feels quite nice and is lightweight. MRP on them was 9k and with 45% in-store discount + 500rs membership discount. I got it for 4.5k

This is what is showing for me on Flipkart:

View attachment 171853
10% discount for Federal Bank got auto applied that's why the diff
I haven't used Myntra for shoes yet but they do have a very impressive stock... do check out their website. I think they take slightly longer time frames to ship out their orders sometimes when compared to FK or Amazon from what I have heard from friends.
Myntra catalogue do be good but the hesitation of not ordering from your go to apps/websites is the thing that's holding us from using it regularly (my opinion)

I usually buy from all 3... FK, Amazon and offline (brand showrooms in Quest or South City Mall in Kolkata). When I buy from FK I always stick to FK Assured products as a rule and I do not make exceptions to this even if a deal is good. So far from my experience Skechers shoes from FK came very nicely packed and the shoe box was in absolute pristine condition, no dents whatsoever. Also, if you think the shoes you got are not legit with Assured products they usually do come with the option to return them so that way you are safe. I haven't used Myntra for shoes yet but they do have a very impressive stock... do check out their website. I think they take slightly longer time frames to ship out their orders sometimes when compared to FK or Amazon from what I have heard from friends.

Regarding the above Nike Defy Flipkart is offering 'Open Box Delivery' so that is a good thing.
That is the problem right there. I have no way to confirm whether the product is genuine or not. It takes a lot of time to compare them side by side. That's why I have rely on feedback of those who buy from offline and online. I mean is there any chance that these online are selling fakes in the name of discounts while offline are not (obviously)? Like second copy or whatever term they use.

@SkullSmazer What's the difference bw factory outlet and an authorised seller?

Last edited:
Before covid, I ordered shoes from FK, stitching and color finish seem like it's fake, kept for replacement, but replacement shoes too has same defects, so returned it.
It happened twice, with Nike and Sketchers.

Later bought Adidas adizero model direct from its site.
Check adidas site, it will have good discounts

@ankushv : Thing with Asics Gel line up is they have a number of shoes with the name 'Gel" attached so which one to go for?

I suppose they would be decent for the price, but not ones at the levels of more expensive running shoes. The shoes that most people use for everydaywear and comfort (nurses especially) are crocs. Doc martens are good as well too but I dont think you can find it easily in India.
I went ahead and placed an order for this on CoD. Final price was Rs.3381/-. Delivery is by 3rd July.

I think I'll get an Asics as well but don't know which one though. Anyone here using soft, well cushioned Asics do post the model name.

TLDW, it would be the asics gel nimbus 25

His top tho is the Nike zoomx invincible run 3

For me personally tho, I'm getting a UB 4.0 soon. Really like the clean look of it
img01.jpg

You can try these insoles while you're deciding which shoes to get.
While insoles are good but the main comfort deciding part is the mid sole of a shoe. I also added the insoles to one of my shoe and it is good for casual use but if you are going to wear it all day long then I will suggest getting a good shoe with good mid sole

Back