Recommend Stuff for Sony 32CX420 LCD.

crossbow

Mond Mond Ja Ja
Adept
Finally bought LCD. Sony 32CX420 LCD

- I already have laptop with 1 HDMI port.

- Getting 2 months free Airtel HD DTH connections as well.

Usage Priority

1) Regular TV usage

2) Movies via media player or BD Player.

3) Lappy + TV as monitor for surfing and working and stuff.

4) Lappy + TV as monitor for gaming.

5) Occasional Music listening.

Now, I require suggestions for following stuff.

1) Media Player

- I have almost fixed Asus O' Play Mini. And will mostly buy from dvdstoredelhi from eBay.

- I don't want to do media conversions and all. Plug External HDD and Play stuff. TV also supports mkv, and lots of other AV formats.

- Mostly I will be watching BD rips with bit-rate varying between 5K-6K.

- Is there any other option worth considering?

- My budget would be 7K max.

2) HDMI Cable

- Why asking, because there are too many options with price difference.

- Will mostly go with this -> Flipkart.com: Red Gear HDMI Cable 3 mtrs (Black): Tv Out Cable

- Any cheaper options available?

- Mostly I will be needing 2 HDMI cables

3) Speakers

- My room is not that much big , and I am not looking to set-up class A Home Theater. So I will mostly go with 2.0/2.1 setup right now.

- Will mostly go with this -> Flipkart.com: Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II: Speaker

- Any other option to get confused with?

- Budget for this is max 6K

4) Blu-ray player OR PS3

- Have no idea about any good options.

- Budget would depend on suggestions.

- I am not at all comfy gaming with controller. KB+Mouse rule for me. But PS3 would be a great entertainment combo. That's the reason I am getting confused.

- However, gaming is done on my lappy, so I will use TV as monitor occasionally. And lappy does not have BD-ROM. So would it be wise to go with Blu-ray player only?

Suggestions are hearty welcomed.

TIA.

How about combining 1 and 4 into a basic media center PC, or your laptop with an external blueray drive

Also, you can use a much cheaper cable, there's no point going for a Rs 600 HDMI cable

1) I think Media Player is not needed here... the CX420 plays almost all files including mkv's... the only stuff that does not play is DTS audio and subtitles... Moreover if u come across a file that cannot be played, you can always plug-in your lappy.

2) Mediahome.in is selling one on ebay... but its 1.5 mts

3) How do you plan to connect the speakers? via the headphones output? just asking since i'm interested in this kinda of a setup too...

4)

@ Aakash

Thanks mate for the suggestion.

Only thing is My lappy is in different room, and TV will be set up in main room.

So, connection of lappy and TV will be occasionally. So that's why I was thinking to bring media player and BD player.

As another option for me, what you suggested can be done for sure. And I will need a bigger TV Unit which can accommodate TV + Lappy + speakers properly.

@ NeViLLe

Thanks mate.

I already checked out that. But listing has been ended on eBay. And He does not seems to be active regularly here, so would not deal with him.

Can you suggest any link mate for HDMI cable from good dealer?

Speakers, I think, ya. 3.5mm jack only. I am not familiar with other connection options currently. So will have to use headphone jack only. bundled "Dual RCA-to-stereo Adapter" with T20 IMO would be usable to connect with TV. Lappy also has on board sound card. so I am using 3.5 mm front jacks to connect my current 2.1speakers.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ordered Asus O Play mini from dvdstronedelhi. So One issue solved for now.

Can someone give a link for good and cheap HDMI cable from ebay ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ordered HDMI Cable -> Gold Plated 1.3b Hdmi Cable Full HD LAPTOP TO LCD TV | eBay

Back