Lozil

Disciple
Planning to build a PC

Budget- 14k
Planning to buy on 14th April :)

Needed things

Processor, MB, Ram, HDD, DVD writer.

Processor- AMD Athlon X2 3600+
MB- Confused B/N Nvidia 6100/6150 chip set or AMD 690 Please recommend a MB with 1 of above chip set and of some manufacturer with over clocking ability..I am a casual gamer
Ram- 512/1gb Depends on what i m left with
HDD- 160 GB
DVD writer

Remaining things i have
Thank In advance

M2N MX is based on 6100 chipset, So M bit shy on that, Any other recommendations for MOBO on the later 2

MSI K9NGM2-FID is based on 6150 chipset.. good performer .. couple hundred more compared to the asus counterpart ! :)

Also.. LgH42N sells for arnd 1600/- in mumbai.. bought it last week !

^^No overclocking on that board afaik. M2N-MX has overclocking capabilities... upto 300HTT and vcore, vdimm and vchipset with the latest bios.

How about ASUS M2NPV-VM? It's also based on the 6150 chipset, has Firewire, and HDTV out as well! And it only costs something like 300 rupees more than the M2N-MX. Seems like an amazing deal...

M2NPV-VM looks good but it's not a well designed board, if you are to add one of the larger pci-e card then it would surely block two of the sata ports :(

Processor- AMD Athlon X2 3600+ <--- Perfect

Ram- 1gb - Don't think here...Go in for 1 GB once and for all.....
Rs.1700*2 --> 3400 <--- Transend 533 , 667 is 150buks per chip costly.
Other ram chips like dynet and Ramos are cheaper.

HDD- 160 GB --> Rs.2650

DVD writer---> Rs.1850 *LiteOn* / Rs.1650 *LG*

Regarding the motherboard , I got the M2N-MX last week and I was preety impressed , I agree the graphix was preety much on the lower end....but it dint matter cause the 7300GT got into the PCI-e slot :D ....If u intend to game a bit and don't wanna go in for a Graphic card , pls go in for any good mbb (MSI/ASUS) with the 6150 Chipset. :)

All the best :)

Back