Budget 0-20k Recommendations for a 27-inch monitor for work and 1440p gaming

nemo_online

Disciple
Hello folks
As the title says, I need a basic monitor for office work (remote worker), watching movies, and playing games on 1440p resolution when it fancies me and time permits—no time for heavy-duty gaming. I have half an eye on this monitor. Feel free to share your thoughts about this monitor if anyone has used it.
Max budget - Under 25K.
Apart from that, can you really notice the difference between a 75hz refresh rate and a 144hz refresh rate when you are not playing competitive esports? (I won't even play online, just single-player games such as COD, Forza 5, Far Cry, Tom Clancy, etc. in offline mode).
How crucial would an USB C port be in the coming times?

P.S. Not open to buying Acer products, so no Acer recommendations, please.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
The difference is massive between 60-75 Hz and 100-120Hz.
60 Hz feels like a stuttering low quality experience once you experience 100 Hz and above.
I don't recommend a monitor below 120-144 Hz for gaming. The motion smoothness is too much to be ignored.

I was about to recommend Acer screen which is my favourite recommendation for 27 inch 2k 144 Hz display under 25k. But you don't want it so maybe you can pick some other panel close to your budget.

Whichever model you pick, it has to be 2k, 144 Hz, 27 inch.

The difference is massive between 60-75 Hz and 100-120Hz.
60 Hz feels like a stuttering low quality experience once you experience 100 Hz and above.
I don't recommend a monitor below 120-144 Hz for gaming. The motion smoothness is too much to be ignored.

I was about to recommend Acer screen which is my favourite recommendation for 27 inch 2k 144 Hz display under 25k. But you don't want it so maybe you can pick some other panel close to your budget.

Whichever model you pick, it has to be 2k, 144 Hz, 27 inch.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. How long have you used the Acer screen for? Are you aware of the returns/ replacement policy for Acer?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. How long have you used the Acer screen for? Are you aware of the returns/ replacement policy for Acer?
I know you said no Acer products, but if you can, wait for this to come back in stock:

Goes for around 22K. It is an excellent monitor and punches WAY above its weight class. Many members on the forum use this (including me)

Have a look at its review:

The jump from 60/75 to Hz 144/170Hz will be MASSIVE, not just for games, but also for day-to-day use. Everything will just feel snappier. Single-player games will be a treat to play, as well.

You can also consider this

Last edited:
I know you dont want Acer, but just saying that Acer XV272u KV is very good and probably the best bang for buck 1440p monitor usually available at 22.5 and sometimes near 20k on sale.
I am using for around 6months now. Very well designed, has software tool which is very useful to change profiles and USB ports are on side which is way more convenient vs back + good ergonomics.

I think my second option was a dell one which had good reviews but usually was out of stock Dell-S2721DGF i think.
But anyway, i would say go for high refresh + also look for good colours/brightness. rtings is good for reviews.

My limited experience with Acer has left a sort of bitter taste yet their products are the lowest priced regardless.
Given you're requirement some features I would look out for on any of these monitors are sRGB mode, 50-70cd/m brightness (Which can be found in their reviews) at the lowest setting, and flicker-free.
New revisions of monitors mentioned above are being rolled out:
Acer Nitro XV272U V3 (400 Nits) (18K)- https://amzn.eu/d/fLxaluB
LG 27GR75Q-B (300 Nits) (24k)- https://shop.clarioncomputers.in/product/lg-27gr75q-b/
Acer Nitro VG271U M3 (250 Nits) (19k lol)- https://amzn.eu/d/6pwB7mJ
HP X27q (28K, should be lower on sale)- https://amzn.eu/d/ijhNZlB
GIGABYTE M27Q (Has KVM) (25K, check other sites as well)- https://shop.clarioncomputers.in/product/gigabyte-m27q-27-inch-ips-qhd/

I would also suggest going the higher refresh route with LCD panels. The jump from 60hz to say 144 or 165~180hz is quite visible. Coming back to Acer they provide warranty services via a third party like many other Chinese/Korean/Taiwanese brands. If they have inventory available then a straight-up replacement would be possible in Tier-1 cities, or else they will refund with a cheque.
Possible cases with online purchases like backlight bleed/uniformity issues, and dead/stuck pixel issues which are common with LCD panels are rejected easily. Amazon has changed its policy with service center replacement in case of defective monitors but they have left out Acer, Viewsonic, and some other brands. So you can purchase the monitor from there at least.

Thank you all for your valuable input. I have repented in the past using Acer products, so I will not be using them. Gigabyte has a better reputation for providing service (based on hearsay) in recent years so I might place my bets on a Gigabyte monitor, or else I might go with a more commonly available LG model. Let's see. Thank you once again for all your input.

I highly recommend Gigabyte M27Q. You will have to set the colour profile manually, but the display is quite good. It is a but expensive compared to the alternatives, will slightly go above your budget. But worth every penny.

Thank you all for your valuable input. I have repented in the past using Acer products, so I will not be using them. Gigabyte has a better reputation for providing service (based on hearsay) in recent years so I might place my bets on a Gigabyte monitor, or else I might go with a more commonly available LG model. Let's see. Thank you once again for all your input.
Maybe you were just unlucky. Happens a lot.

Do not get M27Q, get its v2 revision for RGB sub-pixel layout. But its response times are a bit worse than v1 (still good enough for most) & also has low contrast ratio like LG's nano IPS panels. Mainly, if you are fine with low contrast ratio, get M27Q rev 2.

USB type C on a monitor is not relevant IMO, KVM switch on M27Q will be more handy to me than type C as you can cheaply buy a converter.

Maybe you were just unlucky. Happens a lot.

Do not get M27Q, get its v2 revision for RGB sub-pixel layout. But its response times are a bit worse than v1 (still good enough for most) & also has low contrast ratio like LG's nano IPS panels. Mainly, if you are fine with low contrast ratio, get M27Q rev 2.

USB type C on a monitor is not relevant IMO, KVM switch on M27Q will be more handy to me than type C as you can cheaply buy a converter.
I am going with either the G27Q or the M27Q. Leaning towards the G27Q as I don't really need the KVM switch and thanks for pointing out that I can get a converter for USB C if needed. Let's see.

i got myself a LG 27gp850 (27" 2560x1440 180hz oc ) last year and it is simply amazing ! best IPS panel ive used so far !
would highly recommend if you can push your budget !

Last edited:
i got myself a LG 27gp850 (27" 2560x1440 180hz oc ) last year and it is simply amazing ! best IPS panel ive used so far !
would highly recommend if you can push your budget !
It's great for sure, unless you have used an IPS panel with a better contrast ratio earlier. LG's panels have a lower contrast ratio than most IPS panels. But at 33k, its expensive, should have been 25k. I'll instead get Samsung G7 1440p 240Hz (check its reviews).

Back