Recommendations for laptop with badass battery life?

viridian

Disciple
I'm looking to purchase a laptop in the near future to actually use away from a power outlet :eek:hyeah: . Macs probably give the best backup but I'm not sure if I'm cool enough to afford one. I've heard about the CULV line and how it boosts battery life. I don't play computer games (Well except for the occasional round of Warcraft/Quake III, which probably run well on P4). Do you guys have any recommendations or recent purchases that were good?

try to get ur hands on asus u30jc its in maximum badass mode and has switchable graphics like the alienware m11x and has double digit battery life and has a 13.3 inch lcd. i love it and it will be my next laptop.

sunny27 said:
try to get ur hands on asus u30jc its in maximum badass mode and has switchable graphics like the alienware m11x and has double digit battery life and has a 13.3 inch lcd. i love it and it will be my next laptop.
Wow. Just looked that up. NVidia card is an added bonus, I would probably want to install Linux on it and don't want to deal with ATI's linux drivers.

viridian said:
I'm looking to purchase a laptop in the near future to actually use away from a power outlet :eek:hyeah: . Macs probably give the best backup but I'm not sure if I'm cool enough to afford one. I've heard about the CULV line and how it boosts battery life. I don't play computer games (Well except for the occasional round of Warcraft/Quake III, which probably run well on P4). Do you guys have any recommendations or recent purchases that were good?
Budget??

You can check out the Acer Timeline series as well.

go for the asus u30jc blindfolded and check the review on laptopmag.com and anandtech ! i will buy it later this year.

ACer 5740G is the lappy for you

Core i5 430M

Ati 5650 1GB DDR5

4GB DDR3 1333mhz

500GB HDD

Total - 42k

Best gaming laptop below 50k

Anubis said:
ACer 5740G is the lappy for you

Core i5 430M

Ati 5650 1GB DDR5

4GB DDR3 1333mhz

500GB HDD

Total - 42k

Best gaming laptop below 50k
The problem is the ATI card. I end up using Linux a lot and ATI usually has craptastic drivers.

buddingwhizkid said:
dude ! you are tottaly wrong ! the salesman himself told me that the battery backup of vaio is not more than 3 hrs for the 15.6 and 14" laptops !

Did u even bother to click the link in his post :|

Dont just comment about something without having the faintest idea about it. The X series is a 11" laptop with Atom proccies and its ultra thin. With the max capacity battery from Sony they claim it gives 16hrs battery life. So it should at least give 8-10 hrs in real world conditions.

on top of that, the X-series is thinner than Macbook Air and body shell is entirely made up of Carbon Fiber, which makes it extremely light.

You can have a look at this for 55K VPCX113KG : X Series : VAIO

It just weight 655gms, perfect for traveling coupled with great battery backup

Avoid SONY as much as possible . SONY's ASS is not as good as DELL , actually nowhere near DELL . SONY's ASS has been really problematic for me and some of my friends who opted for the new E series laptops this year . Why me and my friends , there are many TE'ians who are also dissatisfied and not at all happy with SONY's ASS

Are you sure about that???? I'm probably going for a E-series this week.

I own several Sony Products at home( Hifi, Bravia, Cam,a 15yr old WEGA & HS75P LCD Monitor for PC) I have never faced any issue with A.S.S, service was prompt and I'm quite satisfied with the response time with each service.

Your post made me to think about my decision again :p

Back