Recommendations :postpaid plan in karnataka

greenhorn

Patron
I'm relocating towards the end of this month to mysore to fulfill my [strike]indenture[/strike] job as an 0utflowsys ;) trainee. I need to get a new mobile plan.

my priorities are

1) cheap / free SMS
2) cheap GPRS ( EDGE if possible)
3) cheap STD calls

and in that order. I'm considering getting something in an airtel flavor , but have no idea about the operators there, and any other alternatives.Most probably I'll be going the postpaid route

Thanks In Advance :)

i think i should clarify.. i want GPRS WAP, cuz i need acess to the web( basically Y! msngr + gTalk) on my phone . plus i already have a phone already :D

Firstly, Welcome! to my hometown! :D

Once u come down here, u'll change ur priorities (in that list). U'll find that Airtel has the best network coverage. If u can find a Corporate SIM get hold of it, though I am not sure where u cud get it :p

BTW, wen u joining? ANd the accomodation's inside the campus right? :D

TheMask said:
Firstly, Welcome! to my hometown! :D

Once u come down here, u'll change ur priorities (in that list). U'll find that Airtel has the best network coverage. If u can find a Corporate SIM get hold of it, though I am not sure where u cud get it :p

BTW, wen u joining? ANd the accomodation's inside the campus right? :D

Thanx ! am running on airtel already, m quite happy with them :). me joining this 27th , and yeah, I think I'll be kept inside :D

Here's something for ya.. pics taken on Saturday, November 11, 2006 :D

Global Education Centre - Your office for the next 16 weeks:

GEC - far away view:

SDB4 - if u r posted in Mysore after training, this is where u'll be put in ;):

SDB3:

Multiplex:

here's 10x zoom at work.. hehe

i know i know, my friends who've already joined training keep sending me those pics .. cant wait to join... its not just the buildings there that are good looking ;) :lick: :lick:

btw, whaddya mean my priorities will change :huh:

greenhorn said:
btw, whaddya mean my priorities will change :huh:
well, its better now, but Hutch coverage was pathetic until recently. So, ur top priority might change to signal reception/availability over the other goodies u've mentioned :p

ok, will do

thanks for the info mate :)

seems like I'll be graduating from the FV 199 plan i have now to 299.. dont see any point in getting 349 :S

If you are the kind of person who is concerned about the quality of work that you get, then pray that they don't put you up in the mysore campus. It's not worth it :)

Enjoy the four months of training and get out of that place...

Edit: As far as the connection goes, there are many good corporate post paid plans on offer. There are offices for both Airtel and Hutch inside the campus.

Back