PC Peripherals Recording hd

kujija

Disciple
Firstly
Hi to everyone.forgot the pass and email of my old account had to make a new one.

one question , can i record HD channels on my pc using component out from the stb as i dont have hdmi option on my pixelview bt878 tv tuner card. i have been recording sd channels using component out , will the same apply to hd too ?. I know that capturing using HDMI would be great, but by capturing using component out, will the quality of the captured hd content be better than SD content?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

can i record HD channels on my pc using component out from the stb - depends on capability of the tuner chipset. If it supports 720p or 1080i resolution it might capture. Else it will show a black video frame with only audio playing.
i have been recording sd channels using component out , will the same apply to hd too ? - depends on the stb. if the stb allows full hd output through component, you could capture.
by capturing using component out, will the quality of the captured hd content be better than SD content? - depends on quality of cable used to capture. if you're using good analog cables, the quality is really much better than sd content. if you use cheap cables it could end up equal to or worse than sd content but with higher filesize.

can i record HD channels on my pc using component out from the stb - depends on capability of the tuner chipset. If it supports 720p or 1080i resolution it might capture. Else it will show a black video frame with only audio playing.
i have been recording sd channels using component out , will the same apply to hd too ? - depends on the stb. if the stb allows full hd output through component, you could capture.
by capturing using component out, will the quality of the captured hd content be better than SD content? - depends on quality of cable used to capture. if you're using good analog cables, the quality is really much better than sd content. if you use cheap cables it could end up equal to or worse than sd content but with higher filesize.

Thanks
Coming to good analog cables , i live in a part of india where u can't even find normal component out stb cables, let alone good ones. The nearest tech shop is like 10 hrs ride from here. BTW im planing to use airtel HD STB , don't know whether it will allow HD output through component. I will give it a try if it doesn't work , time to get a good HD capture card.

Back