Recovered From Hepatitis A

samrulez

Disciple
Hey guys,
Ok..had no one to talk to about this...so ..Heres the thing. I got hep a (jaundice) on December ~20th. I was admitted on 31st as my SGPT was ~2500. I was discharged after 3 days with my SGPT ~750.After that I had a fat free (and oil free) diet till March 1st. (no oil,only skimmed milk,curd of the same milk)
I started eatin fats in March and started eating out normally sometime in may. After that im now totally fine and i eat everything.:hap2:

But recently i read on the net that hepatitis A people should avoid alcohol for about a year since it can damage liver cells. Why is it so? Is my liver weak or something? Will eating excess fats also damage the liver cells? If im not mistaken metabolism of both fats and alcohol takes place in the liver..

Thanks in advance,
Sam.

I think the liver becomes more prone to damage from alcohol after the attack of the hepatitis virus and hence it is recommend to refrain from alcohol after recovering from hepatitis A.

good to hear that you recovered and in good health now.

Just wondering ,why are you asking about drinking. .your age is 17 :S .(hope you are just asking a doubt,and dont really drink at this age. :p. )

When I had Jaundice, I remember having dosage of tonic Liver-52.. This was like 10-12yrs back... So yeah Liver is vulnerable after Jaundice attack..

Back