Recovery from encrypted NTFS folder in XP

Neotheone

Figuring stuff out
Adept
Hello fellows !

This is a particularly peculiar problem that I am in....

1. The xp installation won't boot at all (no safe mode...nothing) only goes till logon screen without safe mode...not even that far with safe mode. :mad:

2. I have critical data saved in my documents folder of a user account named "Prakash" (I have the password :) ). I can access recovery console using "administrator" as Id and the password :) ...but I have no clue :no: as to how to go about recovering my files in the my documents folder. I can intuitively guess that there has to be some way to logon using command prompt (to the account prakash using it's password) and then copy the documents elsewhere ...

3. All I need to do (to sum up) is to recover the files off the NTFS encrypted My documents folder to some other folder....without logging on to the WINDOWS GUI

I would be grateful for any help. But I need it quick since I have a deadline to meet and must have the data within 2 days...else I must purchase it again within the same period. ;)

Regards,

Prakash @k@ neotheone :D

Instead of going to recovery console, if you try to reinstall windows on the same drive, I think it will repair the installation...not sure though..you could try it if nothing else works.

Back