Android Redmi K20 Pro blew me away with the DAC/ amp capabilities!!

What's there to hate? It's even cheaper than T2!!
Yes, the eartips are very bad, but it takes less than a minute to change them.
The cable is not great, but it's better than KZ's stock cable.
I can understand the frustration of people who spend thousands on worse sounding IEMs. I'm one of those fools.
But there is probably no better IEM at this price point and there are hundreds of worse sounding IEMs costing 10 times or more.
I had practically all the near TOTL IEMs from major brands, and only very few sounded better to me ( that too by a very small margin)
The T2s are also very good, but I love the bl03 more ( due to the non laid back, extremely fun but not completely V shaped sound signature)
Regarding QC, they possibly have improved it...bought 5 pairs, and all sound identical.
Love or hate mainly due to QC issues some people absolutely loved it and some hate it , one of the person who initially hated it and sold it, later he ordered again and this time he swears it has much better sound quality then its old piece and many people have the same complain

Bro I'm gonna tell you ... The BLON03 will make you listen to tracks with force. It's very musical and can get analytical. You can imagine how impressed OP is. It's a must have for all music lovers. Get it from our Indian seller till he has stock. Headphones.in. I have ATHm40x a pair of studio monitors and the BLON 03. The hype is real lol. It's really great for what it costs. Get it.
The website headphones.in doesnt seem live... Any leads?

K20pro is generally available in offers for 23k

CAn you tell me more about Blon Bl-03 ? How are they with k20 pro? Any other better ones in same budget or vfm?
They are fantastic. Bl03 sounds good with almost anything, but they do scale up exceptionally well ( better than T2 for sure in the scalability factor)
I don't usually get this excited over audio quality from a mobile phone.
Moreover didn't know about the audio quality of the K20 Pro ( I actually didn't know anything about Xiaomi phones) as most reviews don't talk about the DAC/ amp section of the phone.
I don't have any LG phone to compare side by side. But from memory, this cheap Xiaomi is very close to LG's "quad DAC" sound output.
Every music lover should have a pair of bl03. I'm pretty sure nothing comes close in this price category.

They are fantastic. Bl03 sounds good with almost anything, but they do scale up exceptionally well ( better than T2 for sure in the scalability factor)
Moreover didn't know about the audio quality of the K20 Pro ( I actually didn't know anything about Xiaomi phones) as most reviews don't talk about the DAC/ amp section of the phone.
I don't have any LG phone to compare side by side. But from memory, this cheap Xiaomi is very close to LG's "quad DAC" sound output.
Every music lover should have a pair of bl03. I'm pretty sure nothing comes close in this price category.
Thanks. Its only the k20pro that has hifi audio. Not all xiaomi phones.

The website headphones.in doesnt seem live... Any leads?

I assumed you know the website so just typed headphone.in blah blah site :)
Post automatically merged:

Isn't it headphonezone.in?
It is :)

I assumed you know the website so just typed headphone.in blah blah site :)

It is :)
No stock available

Ok, for the first time I could find something online in India...hifinage

But please hurry, it will sure go out of stock very soon. This is the absolute best at 2.5K INR.
The hype is real, it's much better than the newer KZs, and more fun compared to T2.

Yep. T2s are good but too flat so I found them boring. Gave it to my bro who's into professional music recording/creation.
In-fact I end up listening to lame songs (the ones which get accidentally added in the playlist} and I can hear every word clearly! Makes me think why the lyrics are like that etc lol Analytical :) then after some time I realize why am I listening to this otherwise shitty song I never liked :D.
I use the BLONs with FiiO M5. Great combo. Yep BLOS 03 is a must have for every music lover.
K20 Pro was on my wish list. Only issue was it's onscreen finger sensor.
No stock available
Oops it was in stock few days ago. Anyway ... get it later.

Still showing 1/2 available in the 2nd and 3rd colour option at hifinage.

It was my biggest concern ( going OOS everywhere)
I don't have Amazon in my country,and imported 5 pairs from amazon.de
Given the current situation, the price may rise considerably..but it will sell even at 100 EUR. It's considerably better than the common 100 bucks iems ( Sennheiser ie40 pro, fiio's seriously overpriced FH series etc.)

Last edited:
K20 Pro was on my wish list. Only issue was it's onscreen finger sensor.
What's the issue with this mate?

I don't have Amazon in my country,and imported 5 pairs from amazon.de
Lol the Germans find .de too expensive and order certain items from Amazon UK because they get free delivery...

...Has it gotten progressively worse over time? MiUi 12 looks so different from normal Android ...
I've been a fan of stock Android right from my first, the Orange San Francisco/zte blade.
After i got the Xperia Play, i found a Dev on xda built a miui for the play, and this was not just a chef cooking roms, this guy worked on a lot of low level stuff because otherwise flawlessly porting a Xiaomi rom to Sony was no easy business, especially those days. I was hooked because it was as nice looking and easy to use as ios but with tons of features and settings. After gingerbread (2.3), the material design was just too drab and lifeless looking. Made any phone seem 5 years older.
No one even knew what Xiaomi phones or miui was in India back then, except custom rom users.
Fast forward to the redmi2p, 3s and 4, and I've really gotten used to miui over the years. Didn't upgrade beyong 7.5 on the 2p and 8.5 on the 4, due to performance and other issues.
Currently finding the asus 5z stock rom quite limiting. Again, haven't upgraded beyond android 9 here because it's nice and trouble-free, and while the 10s have more features, there are way too many documented issues for me to be comfortable upgrading.
From what i've seen of the latest miui versions, i.e. ~10 onwards, they are way more cluttered and even after debloating, seem kinda overdone. Miui was always very different from stock android, even the very old versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, its messed up. Some sellers @ Amazon UK used to ship to Czechia, but after the pandemic, Czechia has stopped pretty much everything from Western Europe. At least Germans are shipping to Prague and the low priced items are practically same. God knows when will Amazon come to our country!!
The on screen scanner is slow, I am not even using it.
To me ,MiUi looks like a strange mix of ios and android. Despite all the bloatware and their notifications battery life is not bad. Samsung`s exynos and their skin definitely have battery issues, possibly that`s why Samsung is introducing massive batteries in their low/ mid range phones.

Last edited:
Slow means more than 1-1.5 seconds? I would only consider anything longer than 2 seconds to be annoying.

Does something like this samsung 'hack' work?

No stock available
That price seems a bit strange to me since it is so close to the actual price the bl03s go on aliexpress and other chinese sites, usually the chifi iems that headphonezone sell usually go for like a 1000rs or more than the price on ALI. Maybe it's kept at that price range cause of OOS, if it isn't then that is absolutely a great price and the fact that it comes with 1 year warranty and support from headphonezone. Will definitely be my next choice of earphones once these KZs i have die lol. I have way too many wants and and way too many needs :p

Does something like this samsung 'hack' work?

Even with the hack I will neve buy a phone that has onscreen finger reader.

Back