OC & Modding Reducing vcore of my Phenom II x4 B55!!

tajendra

Disciple
Hy guys,

recently bought new 555be and unlocked it, prime 95 gave no errors, but my temps were at 72~73'c within half an hour of testing,
Cpu was running at 1.378v vcore by default so i reduced it to 1.248v and it totaly fine and temps are just tuching 62~63'c in prime95 test.

now my worry is about any bad effects of reducing vcore, logicaly it seens that if vcore is too low cpu wont start or work, but if there is any other side effect plz advise

as i m tring to further reduce vcore to reduce temps bit more

Hmm, B55 runs at 3.2GHz....

Set the Vcore to 1.2V..... if it

s stable, try for 1.175V(that's the lowest reported stable all over the net)..

i have tried with B50 (550BE unlocked)

lowest was 1.165.. with rare occasional graphic corruption :p

at 1.175 it used to work fine if cpu power phase control was turned off.

currently it is running fine at 1.225V @Stocks speeds.. CnQ activated aand phase control too.

the lowest Vcore noticed (not tried below that) on the concerned chip was 0.84V at lowest power state (i.e 800MHz)

if you want to try your hand at under-volting..

follow the same stressing procedure for under-volting as well.

at times..it may not crash.. but you will feel sluggishness..that is when you should increase the voltage a notch above.

that's why i am running B50 @ 1.225V despite of it being technically capable of even 1.175V

thanx for the advise man i tried 1.208 but as you said it showed graphic corruption at 1.224 it seems to be stable while running AMD overdrive stability test for one hour but i am going to run PRIME95 to be absolutely sure.

and yes temps have reduce by 1~2'c,

if 1.224 turn out to be stable in PRIME95 test is it ok to set this vcore as default in AMD overdrive, my only concern is that cpu might not post at this vcore.

one more thong i want to know about, at 1.224 vcore HWmoniter shows processor power at 151.9w but it is supposed to be 140w cpu at most

Back