PC Peripherals Refillable cartridge for epson stylus TX101 - need your suggestions

arvnd

Disciple
Guys,

I have an Epson Stylux TX101 - all in one.

Epson Stylus TX101

My cartridges are almost over. C/M/Y have maybe 1/10th ink left and black is almost over. Epson cartidges have the chip on the cartridge, so refilling is not so easy and my local refiller has told me it's not possible to refill. I did some research on CISS and refillable cartridges. To me it looks like refillable cartridges are the best option (since I dont print in very large quantities, CISS is too bulky and messy for my use).

But refillables dont seem to be available in India. I found a link on dealextreme for refillable cartridges for Epson T series for $12.99 (free shipping).

DealExtreme: $12.99 Color Ink Jet Cartridge for EPSON Printers (T Series)

Not much info given on the site, but looks like it should be compatible with my TX101. Dealextreme site says this is compatible with T-series epson. (specifically T10/T11) which use the same ink cartridge as my TX101 (The T1051/2/3/4 series) .

At $12.99 with free shipping, it's a very tempting alternative (to spending Rs 250 x 4 for 91N or Rs 450 x 4 for 73N cartridges). Do you guys think it's worth a gamble, or am I probably wasting money with this?

Links to similar products (but more expensive)

EPSON TX101 TX110 C92 CX5600 Refillable Ink Cartridge - eBay (item 200451081173 end time Apr-15-10 16:55:16 PDT)

Refillable Ink Cartridges for Epson TX101 TX110 CX5600 - eBay (item 350311136894 end time Mar-30-10 20:59:07 PDT)

I have the same machine. Prodot makes compatibles for Tx101. I have used two prodot sets and so far so good.The print quality is fine. I got them for 350/- for the set of 4 cartridges.

^^ Cool, I went through the prodot website, but I was not able to TX101 compatibles.

Can u post/PM me the details ? 350/- for 4 cartridges is dirt cheap :)

I was able to find compatible cartridges in the market, but those were costing 200 rupees each and were non-refillable.

With Epson I would avoid refilling. The head gets choked quite quickly. And then the printer goes to the Dustbin. HP fortunately has a new head with every cartridge. So refilling can be tried without much risk. The cartridge would have to be thrown anyways.

Another one...1250 for 4 prefilled cartridges.Looks like plenty of options are coming up.

eBay India: EPSON REFILLABLE 4 CARTRIDGE T10 SERIES, TX 100 SERIES (item 230455298215 end time 04-Apr-2010 23:15:01 IST)

Meanwhile anyways I bought an original 73N black cartridge, so I cant wait :)

@matoind, yeah I know the risks of refilling. My local refiller also advised against refilling. I'm just taking a look at the various options. If I choose to refill I'll make sure I use only the best quality ink.

matoind said:
With Epson I would avoid refilling. The head gets choked quite quickly. And then the printer goes to the Dustbin. HP fortunately has a new head with every cartridge. So refilling can be tried without much risk. The cartridge would have to be thrown anyways.

Is it? May be one has to be very careful while selecting the 3rd party cartridge or ink. But considering the high price of an original cartridge, even if the refillable one last for a few cycles, I save much more than the cost of the printer. I am printing full colour brochures which needs to be customised regularly and I am very happy with my refillable cartridge. I would have spent at least Rs. 5000 by now on original cartridge.

However if one does not need to print so much abd only a few pages once in a while, then its better to go with original cartridge.

Sorry for a late reply.

The prodot cartridges are available from stationary shops - you are right, they are not there on the prodot website.If you are in delhi I can give you the shop location I get it from.

Hi Gurmeet ..I visit Delhi on frequent basis. Can you tell me the shop in delhi where i can get these refillable cartridges.. I just bought a T11 printer and i need these cartridges.
Thanks
Kamaljit

Oh...just an update. Instead of the refillables, I went ahead and bought a set of compatibles from ink-shop-india (ebay). They are working fine.
With my kind of usage, I guess compatibles will do fine for me.

Sorry, forgot the name of the shop. But you should find it easily- it is a stationary shop in Shakarpur, Vikas Marg in East Delhi. Just ask around for Lamba Book Depot, a well known shop and a stationary shop too. The address you need to find is two or maybe three shops to the right of the Lamba Book Depot.

On the other hand the Prodot compatibles are now more widely available - so perhaps zeroing in on one location may not be necessary. But a bad news -like onions, auto fares and much else the price has gone up. The set of 4 color cartridges is now Rs 440-450/-. Only now Prodot 73N inks are also available in individual colors . I bought all the four colors separately yesterday for Rs 440(MRP is 165/- each).

I miss my canon ip1000.

Update: My compatible cartridges were getting over, so went ahead and bought this.

eBay India: REFILL CARTRIDGE EPSON 73N / 91N TX111, T11 + 500ml ink (item 190424154416 end time 27-Aug-2010 00:52:49 IST)

4 color refillable cartridges + 500 ml ink (4xCMYK + 1 extra black). I guess this is more than what I would ever need (I hope) :)
It's working great. Print quality is as good as original. True VFM. Haven't tried refilling (coz the cartridges came sealed and pre-filled) so can't comment on the same. But truly happy with the purchase.

arvnd said:
Update: My compatible cartridges were getting over, so went ahead and bought this.

eBay India: REFILL CARTRIDGE EPSON 73N / 91N TX111, T11 + 500ml ink (item 190424154416 end time 27-Aug-2010 00:52:49 IST)

4 color refillable cartridges + 500 ml ink (4xCMYK + 1 extra black). I guess this is more than what I would ever need (I hope) :)

It's working great. Print quality is as good as original. True VFM. Haven't tried refilling (coz the cartridges came sealed and pre-filled) so can't comment on the same. But truly happy with the purchase.
hey,

any idea by when you would require to refill them? cause i need to buy them aswell but i want to know whether there is trouble refilling before i take the plunge? you know problems like air blockages and all!

The cartridge is fully transparent and has no sponge so I'm 100% sure there won't be any air block problem. Not sure when I'll refill. Will update this thread when I do.

Back