Refrigerator cooling problems.

vishal2055

Disciple
Hey guys,

I am in a bit of dilemma here.

We have this some years old godrej refrigerator which is presently not making ice in the freezer.The cooling is functioning fine but it just doesnt make ice.It merely cools to a chilled temperature.

So I took off the plastic cover which hides the evaporator coils as shown in the pic.As you all can see there is ice formed,the fan is also functioning then what could be the reason for not ice forming when I place some container with water?

qwwsic.jpg

The freezer is out of warranty and has already been repaired where in the guys disconnected the internal condenser coils and attached an external coils to the behind of the fridge.So it now looks like those older refrigerators with black colored coils behind it :no:

Anyways can somebody shed some light on this ? Last time it took nearly 3K to replace the coils and sh!t and now we are contemplating getting a new one.But me being me.. I wanted to get to the bottom of this fridge as to why its acting like it does.

Any help appreciated fellas ..:)

Maybe some problem with the thermostat.

It must be cutting off the compressor before the reqd. temp. has been reached.

^ But if that was the case then there wouldnt have been any ice formed on the coils in the first place, isnt it?

ALso i would like to know from any RAC tech here .. the amount of ice formed in the above pic.Should it be more ? as in completely covering the coils and not merely the upper part?

Here is a recent shot.I took the pic in the first post at around 2PM and this one at 2:45PM.

invacn.jpg

do yourself a favor - exchange it for a new frost free one with some 4-5 star rating and save electricity and mental pain.
all this happens when third party repair men come into picture to save few thousand rupees here and there. I'm no expert but, so much ice on the coils = leakage of cooling somewhere = more power used.

Back