Refrigerator - with Digital Inverter or Regular Model?

Emperor

Skilled
Hello Friends,

Looking to buy 190/192 Liter Single Door Refrigerator.

While searching online and Visit shops came to know about Digital Inverter Refrigerator from Samsung.

Digital Inverter Refrigerator cost 14k with 10 Years Warranty on Compressor.

Normal/Regular Refrigerator cost 10k with 4/5 Years Warranty on Compressor.

One of seller told that Digital Inverter is NOTHING but just Marketing Gimmicks by Company to sell products & electricity saving is nothing much compare to REGULAR ONE.

Seller also told that if Digital inverter Refrigerator go bad than NO ONE but only COMPANY can repair it and they will charge xxxxxx , while Regular Refrigerator can be repaired/service by any local technician also and cost very very low.

Please suggest me which type of Refrigerator I should go with? Any user Experience?

Thank you

Hello Friends,

Looking to buy 190/192 Liter Single Door Refrigerator.

While searching online and Visit shops came to know about Digital Inverter Refrigerator from Samsung.

Digital Inverter Refrigerator cost 14k with 10 Years Warranty on Compressor.

Normal/Regular Refrigerator cost 10k with 4/5 Years Warranty on Compressor.

One of seller told that Digital Inverter is NOTHING but just Marketing Gimmicks by Company to sell products & electricity saving is nothing much compare to REGULAR ONE.

Seller also told that if Digital inverter Refrigerator go bad than NO ONE but only COMPANY can repair it and they will charge xxxxxx , while Regular Refrigerator can be repaired/service by any local technician also and cost very very low.

Please suggest me which type of Refrigerator I should go with? Any user Experience?

Thank you
rather buy one with inverter. Even if you can repair the compressor from third party incase anything goes wrong, it'll cost you 3~4k for parts and labor. So better buy one with inverter.

Been using inverter based ac and fridge.

Its worth extra expense.electricity bill hike is minimum with inverter based devices.
They are much more efficient with compressor.

He is probably getting higher margins on the regular compressor refrigerator. Don't believe salesmen blindly. Their job is to sell stuff and earn commission.

The dealer obviously wants to sell the regular model and probably because he gets better margin on it.

His first point about inverter appliances being marketing gimmick is total trash. The second point about costlier repairs is valid, but that is the case with any new technology.

Inverter based appliances like fridges and AC do consume less power.than the conventional variants.

A conventional fridge or AC can either be on or off. in order to maintain a set temperature, what they do is run on full blast till the temperature is reached and then switch off. When the temperate gradually goes up and reaches a threshold, the appliance will turn on again and run at full blast till the desired temp is reached again and so on. Points to be noted are that the appliance needs to startup after a temperature goes above a threshold and then work at full blast to cool it down again. The spin up process itself requires a high current draw and the whole on-off business as not as optimal as you think it to be.

The inverter based appliances in contrast have variable speed motors and can run slow or fast based on situation and consume power correspondingly.Once the appliance is turned on, it starts up slow (results in lower power draw during spin up) and goes to full blast to reach the desired temperature and then slows down to a level that is just enough to maintain that temperature. It is a much more energy efficient approach than the on-off strategy and that is what results in power savings.

https://www.bijlibachao.com/refrige...ter-technology-can-help-save-electricity.html

He is probably getting higher margins on the regular compressor refrigerator. Don't believe salesmen blindly. Their job is to sell stuff and earn commission.
Exactly![DOUBLEPOST=1515059583][/DOUBLEPOST]I bought an Electolux with Built in Inverter for 14k and it gave me a service of 15 long years without any problem. On the other hand, an ordinary one of LG for below 10k. Had top repair for three times within the first year ie., the Compressor twice and the Ice Chamber replacement once!

Last edited:
Thank you Friends for all of your valuable inputs... will surely go with Digital Inverter Refrigerator.

Regards and wish you all Happy New year 2018

Back