Refund from primeabgb?

arup

Disciple
I'm unsure if it's the right forum thread but does anyone has long story of getting refund from primeabgb?
Unfortunately for me, it's 30+ days since order cancellation. First they offered store credit which I denied and asked for credit to original payment method. They were unable to do that and asked for bank account details, and told that they would deducting 2.5% from refund as bank charges which I had no other choice but to accept. Now it's every week conversation that they had issues with bank and refund will be sent again in a day.

I'm unsure if it's the right forum thread but does anyone has long story of getting refund from primeabgb?
Unfortunately for me, it's 30+ days since order cancellation. First they offered store credit which I denied and asked for credit to original payment method. They were unable to do that and asked for bank account details, and told that they would deducting 2.5% from refund as bank charges which I had no other choice but to accept. Now it's every week conversation that they had issues with bank and refund will be sent again in a day.
Put an FS thread for the coupon amount of the store credit. Let some user make a purchase through you?

Just thinking aloud!

Not sure what led to the cancellation, but if it was done by Primeabgb, and if you paid by credit card, then you can initiate a chargeback request due to non-delivery of goods. I managed to get it earlier this year when I ordered from a fraudulent website. Your cause could be more complex, but you do have a strong case if you didn't initiate the cancellation. Even if you did it, there could be a case if it was due to a justified reason, like non-availability of the right product.

Here is my case
03.03.2024 - placed order around 6.30pm
After placing order , found the same product at cheaper price at vedant computers so ordered again from vedant and sent email for order cancellation around 10pm on same day.
07.03.2024 - Received call from primeabgb for order cancellation verification. They offered price match but I already had received the product from vedant on the earlier day. I was offered store credit or refund at 2.5% deduction. I chose refund and was asked for bank account details which I emailed same day.
11.03.2024 Refund confirmation email came from primeabgb.
15.03.2024- No refund yet, called them and was assured refund by Monday (18.03)
22.03.2024 - No refund and this time bank excuses
30.03.2024 - No refund yet and this time excuse of year ending and that refund will be given on 2nd April itself . (Tushar was executive name as I remember)

Not sure what led to the cancellation, but if it was done by Primeabgb, and if you paid by credit card, then you can initiate a chargeback request due to non-delivery of goods. I managed to get it earlier this year when I ordered from a fraudulent website. Your cause could be more complex, but you do have a strong case if you didn't initiate the cancellation. Even if you did it, there could be a case if it was due to a justified reason, like non-availability of the right product.
A charge back is the last option. It is time consuming and probably blacklists you from purchasing from them in the future...

Here is my case
03.03.2024 - placed order around 6.30pm
After placing order , found the same product at cheaper price at vedant computers so ordered again from vedant and sent email for order cancellation around 10pm on same day.
07.03.2024 - Received call from primeabgb for order cancellation verification. They offered price match but I already had received the product from vedant on the earlier day. I was offered store credit or refund at 2.5% deduction. I chose refund and was asked for bank account details which I emailed same day.
11.03.2024 Refund confirmation email came from primeabgb.
15.03.2024- No refund yet, called them and was assured refund by Monday (18.03)
22.03.2024 - No refund and this time bank excuses
30.03.2024 - No refund yet and this time excuse of year ending and that refund will be given on 2nd April itself . (Tushar was executive name as I remember)
Have you sent an email to their support? I know that it sounds like there's no difference but I've often found it useless to expect any online platform's customer service to follow on their what they say. They'll often say they'll do something but then forget to officially forward the request. Email however is more official and is actual proof of your requests and of their response compared to calls. Add something like you'll take this up in consumer court if you don't see any progress with your refund.

They can be a little slow in processing requests — there's just one or two people in charge of non automated situations.

I find it helpful to update each email with “I asked for X Y days ago, can you update on it's status"?

From a few years ago:

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 7.44.49 AM.png

Recent Updates:
14:23 @ 05.04.2023 - I was told that refund was in their system and should credit by 3pm.
16:41 @ 05.04.2023 - 3pm was long passed but refund was not processed. I was told that refund will be in my account by next day 3pm. If for some reason it doesn't reflects by 3pm I should call only then.
15:30 @ 06.04.2023 - Still refund didn't come. They said it was put in system but was not approved for some reason. This time they promised refund would come by Monday.

Monday passed, no refund.
Tuedasy passed, no refund.

Would call again tomorrow to hear another new excuse. :p

My first order from primeabgb was in the year 2012, and placed more orders on the way, and as my experience, they take time for order processing but never encountered a refund scenario.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 60
The interest they take in getting the money is not matched by their interest in giving it back!
It is such a stupid business sense.

How long they think they can keep dragging this with the customer?
at some point customer will start fighting back in any way possible...legal or through social media and they may have to pay the refund at a cost of hurting their own reputation .

for small part of money they damaging their reputation and by troubling one customer putting 10 potential customer away.

Maybe the business might continue but it will never grow in this way.

few days ago I almost ordered a beanie from an outdoor company but going through facebook page I saw one customer saying he never got the product and they have not refunded yet.
I just closed their website. They lost one customer just because they treated one other customer badly.

they take time for order processing but never encountered a refund scenario.

I recently had to wait for a refund from a smaller seller that has nowhere near the order volume of PrimeABGB, it took nearly a week with twice daily reminders on WhatsApp. The delay appeared to be because of the payment processor requiring multiple steps that are spread hours/days apart before a refund is issued.

At this point you should be emailing them daily about half an hour after opening, I find that's usually the time when I get a quick reply. I've never called them though.

Also: https://razorpay.com/blog/why-do-refunds-take-time/

Last edited:
I've recently been purchasing from Prime, no issues so far. They are smooth to deal with and answer your queries with some time/patience. If you know what you need/want (which should be the case for all items from any seller) then the process is easy without issues. I have never asked Prime for a refund, come to think of it, I rarely ask anyone for a refund because I think about my purchases before hand, ask for estimated dates and other information before placing the order. I will note I don't use e-commerce for purchases of anything that is important to me or of significant value usually. I've found that at least in my orders Prime has made the extra effort to locate items I am looking for though they may not always be able to answer technical queries, but in my case these technical queries were hard to answer from the company itself ( a somewhat recent case being Asus). I doubt your case is Prime being malicious but you can not be sure.

I've recently been purchasing from Prime, no issues so far. They are smooth to deal with and answer your queries with some time/patience. If you know what you need/want (which should be the case for all items from any seller) then the process is easy without issues. I have never asked Prime for a refund, come to think of it, I rarely ask anyone for a refund because I think about my purchases before hand, ask for estimated dates and other information before placing the order. I will note I don't use e-commerce for purchases of anything that is important to me or of significant value usually. I've found that at least in my orders Prime has made the extra effort to locate items I am looking for though they may not always be able to answer technical queries, but in my case these technical queries were hard to answer from the company itself ( a somewhat recent case being Asus). I doubt your case is Prime being malicious but you can not be sure.
They aren't being malicious, just a bit lax.

Also, most service personnel hired by tech companies are pretty illiterate when it comes to the finer (technical) details of their products. Beyond a script, and answering basic queries, they do not know much.

I don't understand why a lack of customer service is being considered non offense and not malicious?

Here is a user who is suffering to get back his own money and going through a daily hassle,not to mention the tension

It is this mentality that leads to poor customer service being a norm.

Additionally consider a seller b who takes pain to return money the same day to customers. If merchants like prime in this case are not penalised by loss of future orders, it is unfair to both the seller b and future customers

Probably because this is the reality of ordering online, refunds take time. The razorpay link above explains why refunds aren't instantaneous. Never mind that we spend a significant part of the year with the banks closed due to some festival or the other.

Same day refunds are done out of pocket by the seller (bypassing the payment gateway) and it is not a sustainable practice as it eats into the slim profit margins of this market. If you want the convenience of ordering without physically going to a store, you also need to take into account that cancellations are not as easy as walking out of a store.

It's not that different with larger sellers either, I've had refunds take over a month with Amazon in some instances when the wrong quantity of a product was sent.

Personally, I think the OP would have had a better experience with emails instead of calls. Calls are easily forgotten with the amount of orders PrimeABGB receives in a day (three years ago it was 4000+ orders per month, going by invoice serial numbers) but emails are pinned and collaborated with other employees.

UPDATE :-
Today I specifically asked for email confirmation that they will issue refund and by when.
They emailed me which mentions refund would be done in 2 working days by replying to an month old email in which I gave bank details.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410-132436.png
    Screenshot_20240410-132436.png
    265.8 KB · Views: 44
Back