Budget 10-15K Refurbished iphone

bigquads

Market Restricted
Disciple
Hi All,

Has anyone purchased a refurbished iphone from flipkart or cashify? How was the experience? If you required warranty, was it honored? How was the product itself?

What about other websites such as cellbuddy?

I want to buy an iphone 8 or iphone SE 2020 as a backup iphone, max 18K but preferably under 15K. I'm leaning towards iPhone SE2020 as I'd enjoy updates for years to come.

Flipkart based on the reviews could be a hit or miss, you could get a snazzy (Open box device) or a beat up to pulp device with some plastic surgery on it, its a gamble you've to take.

As for the warranty & cellbuddy part, i do not know.

I feel max they could offer is give a local level repair (Which is useless as who knows your device may get stripped off original parts & get some chinese parts in it, compromising its integrity), since the phones may already be out of warranty anyways, this is what I feel & I could be wrong on this part.

We bought an iPhone 7 for my friend from cashify but not online it was offline store in my city. It was around 13k approx condition was good physically no scratches and all. Don't know performance etc as I did not use it.
Cashify provided the phone in its own box and gave a warranty of 3 months I guess.
So overall good experience.

Funny part is we went to buy a 32gb variant and paid for the same but they gave him a 128gb variant lol.

We bought an iPhone 7 for my friend from cashify but not online it was offline store in my city. It was around 13k approx condition was good physically no scratches and all. Don't know performance etc as I did not use it.
Cashify provided the phone in its own box and gave a warranty of 3 months I guess.
So overall good experience.

Funny part is we went to buy a 32gb variant and paid for the same but they gave him a 128gb variant lol.
The free upgrade does make me want to buy it :p thanks!

The free upgrade does make me want to buy it :p thanks!
It reminds me of Pawn Stars (Or some similar serial), hindi dubbed starting line.

Hindi : "Lekin kabhi kabhi ulta bhi ho jata hai"
Eng : "but sometimes reverse happens"

Don't go there with any expectations tbh, the other guy may have got lucky with possibly a new employee giving an upgrade without him knowing, and idk this is how long back?
They may have tightened some bolts, as lately all shopkeepers apply a sticker mentioning phone specs & price on it.

Best of luck

My friend had bought a refurbed iphone 8 from Flipkart. Although he got a pretty flawless device, I think it could be a hit-or-miss situation and there is no sure way to tell if it will be good.

It reminds me of Pawn Stars (Or some similar serial), hindi dubbed starting line.

Hindi : "Lekin kabhi kabhi ulta bhi ho jata hai"
Eng : "but sometimes reverse happens"

Don't go there with any expectations tbh, the other guy may have got lucky with possibly a new employee giving an upgrade without him knowing, and idk this is how long back?
They may have tightened some bolts, as lately all shopkeepers apply a sticker mentioning phone specs & price on it.

Best of luck
Yes yes. I was kidding.

See a few videos on Youtube on how to check the quality of refurbished iPhone, before you start searching for one such phone

(this is one example which mentions what things to check)

Also check Ansh Nakwal, Gupta Information System and other channels.

Back