Budget 21-30k Refurbished Laptop Core i7

KreeHunter

Disciple
Ok so i am getting a deal for refurbished Dell 5580 with following specs :

i7 7820HQ / 16GB RAM/512 GB m.2 /2gb nvidia gfx(exact number not received yet) for 25500 . Is it a good deal ???

Primary usage will be office work, light browsing , watching movies while travelling etc . since it has 2gb gfx may be light gaming .

No. It will be hot (not in a good sense). Moreover this is already 5-6 years old so the thermal paste and battery are probably on their last legs.

No. It will be hot (not in a good sense). Moreover this is already 5-6 years old so the thermal paste and battery are probably on their last legs.
I have asked the vendor to give me the laptop for testing ,i have run heavy load for 2 hours (100% CPU and all 4+4 cores)and cpu load /gpu load was stable , no crash no heating issue, can you suggest any good stress tests for laptop.

Note: for some unknown reason GPUZ refuses to run, i will check with furmark. for battery testing the only real word scenario i found is make battery 100% then run multiple movies at a time and check for battery usage.

Note++ if not this then what kind of configuration i should be looking at for 25000 RS Range ? this will be a sparingly used laptop specially while i am travelling so lets say its usage will be 20~25% per month.

Last edited:
A Dell 5580 weighs about 3 kg. You will feel the weight on your commute with that. You can get away with an i5 8th gen off lease refurb laptop from a reputed seller. Aim for 20K or below, I would say. While a tad bit rare, 14" laptops are perfect mix of price, portability and performance. Forget about any GPUs. They add heat, chew battery and give negligible gaming performance.

I picked up an i5 8th gen, 8GB RAM, 256GB M.2, touchscreen Dell Latitude 5400 for about 26K from an offline seller, a year ago. I added an 8GB (mismatched!) RAM stick and it's been solid. Do have a bit of buyer's remorse with it, though I cannot fault it's performance.

Isn't this an amazing deal for a brand new laptop for the OP ?

I bought an i7+16gb+1Tb SSD Techno Laptop for my cousin a couple of months ago for 35K and that was a killer deal. It's a very very sleek and well built laptop.

Attachments

• Techno Laptop.png
    Techno Laptop.png
    406 KB · Views: 44
I bought this a few months ago and it works fine for my use (attend some online classes, light work for usual house work, travel entertainment as it's super light to carry, very light gaming like firewatch and such, nothing heavier).
Downsides:
1. Had to do a full reinstall of Windows as there was an error preventing me from receiving any update. Seller was not really helpful. His reply: You don't need to update your Windows.
2. Top cover of webcam keeps falling off.
3. Screen does have a few dead pixel.
Edit: typo

Last edited:

Isn't this an amazing deal for a brand new laptop for the OP ?

I bought an i7+16gb+1Tb SSD Techno Laptop for my cousin a couple of months ago for 35K and that was a killer deal. It's a very very sleek and well built laptop.
for that comparison Zebronics is giving i3 11th gen for 24k & i5 12th gen for 33k , but everyone who is technocrat will know not to buy these cheap brands thats why i usually avoid unknown brands and only heard of techno in phones.
I am a hardcore gamer and so know the value of processor and cores , this has i7 7820HQ (4 core 8 thread) , it beats any 12th gen i3/i5/i7U gen processor

ouch that hurts.....may be few generations back would have proved my point.o_O......i have had i3/i5/i7 4th gen desktop cpus ...so looks like my knowledge about laptop processors is kind of outdated .

any ways to conclude i was offered i7 6th gen laptop but still went ahead with above laptop, running bunch of benchmarks for cpu/ram/hdd/gfx brought back lot of old memories.......

"Hardcore gamer":hungry:
dude i have been building gaming pc's since 2006,check my thread. never used intel laptop before (Got mac air for VPN) so my knowledge about Laptops may be little rusty ;)

Back