Regarding AC cleaning service

Our Hitachi windows unit underwent a cleaning service last week by company service person. They cleaned with liquid soap, water, bucket, mug, cloth, brush.... 900 rs for that. I asked why not foam service, got reply that foam service is not required for my AC as there was not much dust accumulation, but what I doubt is when they said foam service is not good for the machine as it corrodes due to foam being of chemical nature.
Please apprise whether we were lied to.

1) 900 INR for a window AC is more than double the market rate.
2) AC foam/soap wash shouldn't be needed and TBH those chemicals are harmful to copper coils can cause corrosion faster overtime if not cleaned properly.
3) Best is to pressure wash (only if there's a lot of visible dust clogging) the coils/fins from front and back, no soap or anything else.

Our Hitachi windows unit underwent a cleaning service last week by company service person. They cleaned with liquid soap, water, bucket, mug, cloth, brush.... 900 rs for that. I asked why not foam service, got reply that foam service is not required for my AC as there was not much dust accumulation, but what I doubt is when they said foam service is not good for the machine as it corrodes due to foam being of chemical nature.
Please apprise whether we were lied to.
I got both my split and window unit done in that price and it was pressure wash....nothing much is needed.

1) You can use foam cleaners as long as they do not contain any acids or alkalis. I stay away from them.
2) Don't use pressure washers. Fins can easily get damaged or bent and you'll have to painstakingly get them straightened.
3) Cleaning with mild soap + soft brush + normal water pressure is much better option. After washing, I spray WD40 and other such products on screws/bolts/mounting points etc to repel water and avoid corrosion.

Unfortunate having to bump this thread. Since that fateful servicing, the AC is keep giving problems. First the capacitor died, it was replaced. But i am sure (or rather hoping) that had nothing to do with the service. Now for past few days the unit is making an absurd and most annoying noise, as if the fan is blocked, unable to freely spin, at all. Registered a docket 5 days ago, called the service person appointed many times, but every day one or the other excuse. This is a machine which had not had any problems until that service. So these problems are either a coincidence, or ....

I searched on Google but unable to find email address of zone specific nodal officers. Could someone please help me? Need to escalate this matter urgently.

Back