OC & Modding Regarding modding Cabinets

max_s

Disciple
hi guyz, i stay in Mumbai, i need help regaring modding my side panel...its a zebby calyx..its a non tranparent one....can i get a side panel having 2x120mm fan and transparent or i have to custom make one are there any shops present which provide u side panels for atx cabinets...if they provide then wat is the cost of one???:)

Re: Help regarding modding Cabinets

u wont get just the side panel anywhere. u have to custom mod it or get it done from somewhere. Hunt here, there are some professional modders and also some good contact persons who do such stuff outside.

Re: Help regarding modding Cabinets

max_s said:
hi guyz, i stay in Mumbai, i need help regaring modding my side panel...its a zebby calyx..its a non tranparent one....can i get a side panel having 2x120mm fan and transparent or i have to custom make one are there any shops present which provide u side panels for atx cabinets...if they provide then wat is the cost of one???:)

If you have the time, just remove your side panel, mark the shape you want the transparent portion & Then buy a clear plastic sheet bigger then you opening

then take the isde panel to any nearby small workshop They will cut the opening you have marked for you

After smoothing the edges, ask them to drill holes in the panel & the clear plastic sheet so that you can bolt it down

After that cut the openings in the plastic sheet for the 2 fans & you are ready to go with your own modded side panel

Just ensure that the panel is cut using scissors so that there is no mark on the panel

If you dont have the time or the inclination, then buy a new cabinet which has a transparent side panel

Go to some metal works shop, ask them to cut. But the person needs to be skilled enough to get the sheet cut well. I went to a local shop and told him to cut it, he charged 100 bucks odd. Then get a sheet of acrylic and attach it to the cabinet using screws. btw screw holes can be done at the same place but even more carefully since the cabinet sheet has tendency to bend around the area, so drilling and cutting has to be done with soft hands....
cutting a hole in a acrylic sheet can be done where acrylic stuff is sold..they have their own rates.

Thankx guys for ur suggestion guyz....as the matter of fact i do have spare time for doin this stuff so im gonna do it myself...im goin for black & decker rotary cutting tool i did made a research on it....first i was thinking to get a already modded side panel to reduce complexity but i think i will have modd it according to my need.!!!!

hey

im also gonna be modding my comp when im back in town

im also in mumbai

pm me and lets see if we can work out something

k:)

wil be glad to help out

Back