Regarding Oracle Hyd projects group

psynaps3

Disciple
Hi,

I would like some information on the Projects group in Oracle Hyderabad. They deal with Oracle Fusion applications. Basically, I would like to know about the nature of work involved for a 2 year experienced java guy, opportunities for growth and job security.

If there is anyone here who has lived in both B'lore and Hyd, can you please provide me a quick comparison between the two cities. Living expenses, Transportation, Food, Climate and People especially :)

Thanks...

expenses: hyd - cheaper generally than blr. Rentals are as high as Bangalore now, but their are cheaper houses of good quality as well.

transportation: extremely crowded roads. Although the road are generally better, volume of traffic is extremely high compared to Bangalore. Autos are (relatively) honest most of the time, buses are jam packed, no volvo buses, no real local train system. Also traffic is extremely unruly- like a jungle or a madhouse.

Food - all options are there fairly cheap. Compared to bangalore its almost the same.

Climate - not moderate like bangalore, gets cold in the winters, and nights especially. summers i believe are quite hot.

People- well they're nice and friendly. in my experience people you get all types everywhere!! In many places its like urbanization caught them unaware. So suburbs of hyd, have become proper cities with people still in a rural mode. however you will not find bad/dirt roads in most residential areas like you do in Bangalore.

Overall, Hyderabad is a city on the move, its expected to cross Bangalore in this year as far as cost of realty and living is concerned.

If you are going to be in the hi-tech city area then you will find a really nice, pretty, sub-city to live in where most of your needs are met.

How much would a 1BHK cost per month? somewhere close to the city and oracle's campus.

It's nice to hear that the autowalla's are relatively honest. After what I gone through in Bangalore and Mysore, this is a relief.

By people, I meant the locals. Will hindi/english work with most people?

pastrykunar,

Many thanks for your post. It is really helpful.

Well I'd say Hyderabad is a lot lot cheaper than Bangalore if you know to look at the right places. If you are talking about the oracle center in Cyber Gateway, its outside the main city. Stay anywhere other than Madhapur(arnd a km from the office) as its a rip off for the kind of houses you get there. If you search arnd a bit, you can get a decent 2BHK house for arnd 6-7k or so.

Compared to Bangalore roads, Hyderabad roads are a pleasure to drive in even though there is lotsa unruly traffic. Food should not be a problem at all... there are tonnes of good restaurants close by.

The rest is as pastrykunal pointed out. One word of warning... two folks I know quite well who were working in oracle were rather pissed with their work and quit last year.

Ah, thanks for the tip Chaos. The 2BHK houses for 6-7k, are they furnished or not?
I am used to chaotic traffic so that shouldn't be a problem. So I guess the only thing I have to worry about is the climate.

I know that people mostly never get satisfied with their work. I have already changed 3 companies in 2 years. Indian IT industry for the most of it is a joke when it comes to the quality of the projects. ;)

If you can go around 5-7 kms away from your place of work (cybr gateway) you can get 2BH flats for around 4-5k , unfurnished

< Turn on the left indicator

Put out the right hand to indicate you are turning right >

Go straight!

Thats how ppl drive in chennai....

But hyd, you can't even guess which way they'll go.

Check this out

Hey, can you guys also suggest some good hotels near to the Oracle campus. I would have to spend one night there. Budget is around 1k.

Back