Regarding PAN update

So I had my PAN when i turned 18 and been using the same since. But as I'm 35 now i thought let's change the photo, and the signature as well because you know these were changed later on in my life. 3 days ago I applied for correction online by paying that 106 fees, as my father passed away added 'Late' before his name and today I receive this...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230408-135430.png
    Screenshot_20230408-135430.png
    363.3 KB · Views: 112
Not really, as per them they did work on your application but only to find out errors and waste their time. Time costs money.
Thanks for the clarification. Today is Sunday and for the first time it feels like that radio show by our beloved grandfather which I had never heard, until now.
Did you check if there's an option to amend an existing application?
Didn't check that much. If the word Late is not allowed they should mention the same. I followed all instructions prior to submitting but didn't find any such rules regarding salutation.

• Words like Late, Alias, Shri, Smt, Kumari, Dr., Major, Captain, M/s etc should not be mentioned in the name fields of Applicant Name, Name on card, Father name & Representative Assessee Name.​
  • Only one single character initial is allowed in middle name field in PAN application for Individual applicants.

So where do you put late then? it seems they do not allow it at all

In other words, he should not have bothered to make any name changes.

He should just have sent an updated photo

Back