PC Peripherals Regarding video output from TV Tuner

tolmol124242175086498pc.jpg

I too can't see it, but I have a pinnacle PCTV card analog card, so I assume you are talking about the S-video port. If u have an S-video cable, u can connect it to the TV (provided TV has s-video in), it will work.

Else get a S-video to composite adapter cable and connect the composite end to the "video-in" (yellow color) socket on ur TV.

I guess u get a S-Video to Component with graphics card and not composite.
Not sure if u can use it or u have component in on ur TV.

However, u can get a S-Video to S-Video or S-video to composite cable for 50 bucks or so and then connect it. If u know the shortcut for detecting displays for ur graphics card (Intel or ATI or Nvidia), then u can connect the TV and then switch on both TV and comp. After some seconds try the shortcut and ur display should be enabled. Dats all. :)

As for the quality of TV, it always looks crap on PC due to it SD nature. Wait till HD arrives, i guess. Though watching TV on a actual TV:p would make things far far better than o a CRT/LCD. So, its nothing to do with settings.

Note: Check if u have enabled overlay in ur TV Player. Since u have pinnacle, it also has a noise reducer and some other things as well to make the picture a little better. :cool2:

harmeetmatta said:
yeah its the s-video port...and i hv a s-video to composite wire...i got it wid my graphic card...can u pls give me more details on how to do it ....i hv both s-video and normal ports behind my tv....so i would like 2 knw how to do it ...should i on the pc and connect it to tv thru s-video and ill get the output on d tv ?

i would also like 2 knw do u get good image quality in ur comp...coz i use pctv and i get very poor image quality...is it somethin 2 do with the settings ??

Like abhi mentioned, try out ur component cable, if it doesnt work, get the S-video to composite, it will surely work.

Tuner cards need a pretty strong signal, so if ur signal is weak, it will be somewhat clear on TV, but in the tuner card it'll be crap. U can try getting wide-band cable tv amplifier (shud cost arnd 600-700 Rs). I have one and I have used it when I had my crappy old tuner card (which needed a very strong signal).

However the PCTV card I have now is quite good. Not much problems in clarity. Some channels are a little bit grainy, but otherwise it's quite good.

harmeetmatta said:
i would also like 2 knw...my tv tuner software doesnt support mpeg4 recording...is there any way or any software thru which i can directly record in mp4 format ..as i watch the videos on my cell ...so very time convertin it to mp4 is very tedious so i would like 2 knw if theres any soft that can directly save the recorded file in mp4 format

U can try ChrisTV or Virtual VCR. ChrisTV is the best. Virtual VCR is a little difficult to set up but works fine.

Back