Reliable and wallet friendly Hosting options - Personal Website

Hey guys,

I want to build a personal portfolio website for myself and I need a few suggestions for Reliable yet not-so-expensive Hosting plans. I don't need anything fancy, just a basic hosting plan (single domain).

Let me know if anyone knows any good plans that he would recommend! :)

Depends on your estimated traffic.. But for personal website shared hosting should suffice...

I have personally tried BLUEHOST, HOSTGATOR and SHARKSPACE (ELEVEN 2).. and can recommend them..

Thanks for the info @neomustdie. But here's the latest update. Dad's company has a Bluehost account with unlimited addon domains. So I can use their space.

So I'm looking just for a domain. Now here's where I am confused- Why are the prices so disparate in different websites? It is the same domain they are all offering!

For domains you can check godaddy and namecheap

I have had experience with both the companies for about 4yrs and both of them are reliable...

+1 to godaddy/namecheap.

I have personally used godaddy and they are pretty good. Only downside is that you need to have a credit card to pay for gadaddy. In namecheap you can use bank acc/debit card/direct debit (with paypal).

Recently [<2 months] I moved all my domains to mitsu.in.

Seems to be a good one and you can pay in INR directly. [using any means/bank]. Rates are pretty competitive too.

YashBhatt said:
For domains you can check godaddy and namecheap

I have had experience with both the companies for about 4yrs and both of them are reliable...

I dunno about the reliablity of mitsu but compared to godaddy their rates are pretty sweet

May want to try them out for a change !!

I was using Godaddy till now, but just moved my domains to Mitsu yesterday, as Godaddy prices are much higher than others. Also WHOIS Guard in Godaddy is a premium option, whereas others (Mitsu in my case) generally offering it for free with domain purchasing.

Say No to GoDaddy.. Nowadays they suck :|

Go with either Mitsu or BigRock.. BigRock looks promising. NameCheap is good and trustworthy provider though :)

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I am hosting one of my websites with Promptspace.com They're based in India and offer hosting as cheap as 75Bucks/month.

Never buy an domain from Godaddy. They suck at everything esp after supporting #sopa.

Back