Reliable cellphone shops in mumbai..

Guys, i want to buy an mp3 enabled cellphone, and as i have other things in my shopping list, i cannot spare more than 10k at the moment for a cell phone..i dont wanna buy a 6600 as it sounds like a cheap chinese fm radio...so i guess Moto E398 fits my bill perfectly..(other suggestions are welcome..)
Now my problem is that i have shifted to mumbai with all my boriya-bister (from pune),and i dont really know where to buy my cell from..actually some people told me about IRLA but i've heard that its not a reliable place to buy electronic stuff..
So if you stay in mumbai and know of other better places to shop for cellphones, please let me know..
Also, what is the current price of E398 here..?
thanks,
kevin

Go for the SE K700i. Gr8 phone and fab sound quality. Only negative is the 41 MB non-expandable memory. If you can live with that, it is a no-brainer for your budget.

CaaYoTee said:
Guys, i want to buy an mp3 enabled cellphone, and as i have other things in my shopping list, i cannot spare more than 10k at the moment for a cell phone..i dont wanna buy a 6600 as it sounds like a cheap chinese fm radio...so i guess Moto E398 fits my bill perfectly..(other suggestions are welcome..)
Now my problem is that i have shifted to mumbai with all my boriya-bister (from pune),and i dont really know where to buy my cell from..actually some people told me about IRLA but i've heard that its not a reliable place to buy electronic stuff..
So if you stay in mumbai and know of other better places to shop for cellphones, please let me know..
Also, what is the current price of E398 here..?
thanks,
kevin

Hi Kevin...
Which locality are u in? It wont do u any good travelling half the way across Mumbai to some shop....tell us the place u r near...and it will be a lot easier to give suggestions:)

I stay near Sir JJ road,byculla...and its ok..i can travel some distance for a new cellphone...hehe:eek:hyeah:
Also can you tell me the current price of the E398 and if possible, also of a 256mb transflash card..
thanks,
kevin :)

kevin , the place at IRLA is called ALFA and it is very reliable . i got my e 398 from there with bill and everything 1 1/2 years back and the prices were good ...

no problem at all

ALFA is the Best!

Its at Santacruz or Bandra if im not mistaken :S.

My N-Gage QD is from there.

Awesome prices too.

I got my 512 MB Card for 2k about 1 year back now.

256 MB should be around 750..

alfa is near cooper hospital , vile parle irla ... its very famous , ask any shop there and they will direct you ... no idea of the current prices tho , should be less than 10 k ...

Alfa : very good place, stones throw from my house,

and i recommend the LG m4410 for you, at 11k.

Worth every rupee for the featureset!

^^ i agree,...being a E398 owner myself, the memory, eventhough expandable is quite a b**ch cuz its TransFlash...which is, if not hard, Immfrekkinpossible to find in bombay,...even lamington...also it costs a lot if u want to get it from the US.

so i'd say go for the LG "car phone" (thts how they brand it), as it works on SD-MMC i think. which is easy to get and cheaper compared to Sandisk Transflash.

I agree that the transflash memory sticks are damn costly and i only found them at ebay..and with numerous new types of memories coming into the market, its only going to get difficult...SE uses MS Dou, Nokia uses RS MMC and Moto is using Transflash..huh..tough decision...

i had the LG M4410 in mind but i read a few negatives about it in the mobile-reviews.com and thats why i singled out Moto E398..also i am a bit inclined towards Candy bars and the LG M4410 is a clamshell..thats why i singled out Moto E398..:)

Also one of my friends told me that the Nokia 3300 is still available somewhere near bandra..i even considered going for it as i dont give a damn for camera and my sole requirement is a mp3/fm playback with atleast an mmc slot for future upgrade..do you guys think that its still available? I saw many still selling on ebay..

btw....does alpha allow bargain in cell phones....during psp not a penny was reduced............

also i m thinkin to get either k550i,or 900i(if budget permits)...or nok 6630........wht do u guys suggest

Back