Reliable Wireless Router Suggestions ASAP!

indieboy540

Disciple
I need suggestions for a reliable wireless router to run with Sify. I'd say about a price range of Rs. 3500 to Rs. 4500. I was thinking about going with a D-Link 524.

jayken said:
LINKSYS WRT54G is the best dude!
:hap2:

I second that! Of course, I'm running mine on a third-party firmware, not Linksys stock firmware. It's a very stable router. A bit pricey compared to the competition, yes, but generally very good with a lot of features.

I dont know if Sify uses PPPoE but according to my cable provider, he suggested I go for D-Link since NETGEAR doesnt have an easy way to configure the PPPoE settings.

So if you're chosing between DLink and Netgear, I suggest DLink.

Im using the DLink DI-524, and never had any problems with it till now.

The above suggestion is valid. If it is PPPoE that sify is providing, check with their technical department for compatibility. It should be having an ethernet termination.

Otherwise, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the brands like Dlink, netgear, linksys. The price ranges is more like 2k-3k. I have a Dlink 524 and have no complaints whatsoever.

The D-Link one's are far better in range than the netgear 614 now.. Its ironical that I stopped using D-Link's 2 years back because netgear's had better range that time. D-Link are back with a bang now & the range is by far better if ur in a multi-story.

Netgear WGR614....slightly old but been using it for the 1.5 years....rock solid. I have a ver 5 model....should be available for around 2K.

D-Link is good with better warranty service, no 2nd question about that, but LINKSYS is CISCO certified.

It is better to g for D-Link than Netgear.

My Preference is : LINKSYS, D-LINK......................... COMPEX (cheap).

Back