Reliablity of online tech stores?

I have only ever bought one item online, a Corsair VX450 PSU from TheITWares waaay back in 2011.

I've seen some people complaining about TheITWares, TheITDepot, PrimeAGB, many complaints were that they just took the money and didnt ship the product.

Today, I want to buy some PC parts, and all 3 websites tell me that I MUST make payment BEFORE they will ship. AFAIK this was not so in the past? They had cash on delivery??

Am I safe if I pay them before they even ship the items??

I am trying to buy an i3-6100 from TheITWares, a SSD (ADATA SU800 128 GB), a monitor (Dell E1916He 18.5inch) and a motherboard (Asrock H110M-HDV) from TheITDepot.

The total cost is about 25k, and this is not insignificant.

I planned to buy from Newegg India but they slapped me with a 10k shipping fee. Otherwise NI has amazing prices. I guess they were too good to be true.

I checked out PrimeAGB first, prices were nice, but it had the most amount of unsatisfied customers, so I avoided it.

So, can someone point me to a RELIABLE online tech store? One without horror stories and cash on delivery/payment on/after delivery?

Prime is on Amazon too. A few years back they were selling on eBay but they stopped selling there 2-3 years back. I buy from Amazon from them now. I think even ITWares and other old sellers who were selling on TE are on Amazon now.

I have only ever bought one item online, a Corsair VX450 PSU from TheITWares waaay back in 2011.

I've seen some people complaining about TheITWares, TheITDepot, PrimeAGB, many complaints were that they just took the money and didnt ship the product.

Today, I want to buy some PC parts, and all 3 websites tell me that I MUST make payment BEFORE they will ship. AFAIK this was not so in the past? They had cash on delivery??

Am I safe if I pay them before they even ship the items??

I am trying to buy an i3-6100 from TheITWares, a SSD (ADATA SU800 128 GB), a monitor (Dell E1916He 18.5inch) and a motherboard (Asrock H110M-HDV) from TheITDepot.

The total cost is about 25k, and this is not insignificant.

I planned to buy from Newegg India but they slapped me with a 10k shipping fee. Otherwise NI has amazing prices. I guess they were too good to be true.

I checked out PrimeAGB first, prices were nice, but it had the most amount of unsatisfied customers, so I avoided it.

So, can someone point me to a RELIABLE online tech store? One without horror stories and cash on delivery/payment on/after delivery?

First new egg is not too good to be true,Indian prices are Ridiculous,what you call a mid range pc is cheap change there.i am talking a 50% difference.

And to answer you question, I find online retailers far more reliable then Local shops, I stopped buying pc components from local shops 2~ years sgo

Old thread. But wanted to ask how reliable theitwares is.

Should I call them first to confirm stock availability and pricing? I probably will.
Anything in particular I need to be wary of when ordering from them?
Did come across some bad feedback on reddit, even though they are one of the older companies I believe.

Old thread. But wanted to ask how reliable theitwares is.

Should I call them first to confirm stock availability and pricing? I probably will.
Anything in particular I need to be wary of when ordering from them?
Did come across some bad feedback on reddit, even though they are one of the older companies I believe.
Companies come and go, their values change over the years. Never ordered a product from them but being one of the older companies in the market, there is a little bit of credibility. The only thing you should be wary about is documenting everything like recording your unboxing and if anything goes wrong, it will act as proof. Went ahead and checked those reddit feedback and seems okay but personally if there isn't much price difference between the more bigger online stores these days, it's not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Companies come and go, their values change over the years. Never ordered a product from them but being one of the older companies in the market, there is a little bit of credibility. The only thing you should be wary about is documenting everything like recording your unboxing and if anything goes wrong, it will act as proof. Went ahead and checked those reddit feedback and seems okay but personally if there isn't much price difference between the more bigger online stores these days. It's not worth the hassle.

Thanks, I'll ring them up once their lockdown ends. The problem is, as of now, the Sport LT ram I'm looking for is only available with them. Now I'm not sure if it's actually available or their website is not updated. I'll make it a point to record the unboxing, thanks.
Ah well if it's too much trouble I might just end up getting the LPX. Need a low-profile ram so hunting for Crucial.

DM? Dealership Manager? Sorry been out of this scene for many years, lol. Is there a crucial rep I can contact?
I did contact Crucial service center, Kaizen. After a couple of exchanges they pointed me to Amazon US and said Crucial has international warranty lol. I asked them about an indian retailer, yet to hear back. Though this was about normal Ballistix ram and not Sport LT since I was under the impression the latter was discontinued.

I've contacted TPS technologies on WhatsApp and they don't know when the stock will be available. Same with Primeabgb.

Edit: DM - direct message? Dumb me

DM? Dealership Manager? Sorry been out of this scene for many years, lol. Is there a crucial rep I can contact?
I did contact Crucial service center, Kaizen. After a couple of exchanges they pointed me to Amazon US and said Crucial has international warranty lol. I asked them about an indian retailer, yet to hear back. Though this was about normal Ballistix ram and not Sport LT since I was under the impression the latter was discontinued.

I've contacted TPS technologies on WhatsApp and they don't know when the stock will be available. Same with Primeabgb.

Edit: DM - direct message? Dumb me
Got me a chuckle. :hilarious:
Seems you have tried everything, theitwares is like the only option left. Do update us with their service.

Got me a chuckle. :hilarious:
Seems you have tried everything, theitwares is like the only option left. Do update us with their service.
Haha.
Yep, will do. I do have to wait for a used gtx1080-ish GPU to magically appear for sale at a reasonable price so hope the stocks will be back by then, though it feels unlikely. [emoji849]

Thanks @Sumi , noticed it but I prefer 3200Mhz at least if possible. I don't remember the price but 3600 CL16 was also priced similarly before it went out of stock recently. Btw even the one you linked will be in stock only next month looks like.
I did check with ITDepot and they have 3600 CL16 for 4.5k, meh price. They listed it on their website after I enquired. But the LPX also comes to about 8k I think, for 8gb 3600 CL18.

Thanks @Sumi , noticed it but I prefer 3200Mhz at least if possible.
I don't know anything about overclocking but I'm pretty sure the ram I have linked can hit stable 3200mhz easily. Would prefer someone with better knowledge to provide some insights on this as I'm not completely sure.

Edit - The price seem to be high for the linked ram, reread your reply.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about overclocking but I'm pretty sure the ram I have linked can hit stable 3200mhz easily. Would prefer someone with better knowledge to provide some insights on this as I'm not completely sure.
Ya it probably will, but it might not reach 3600. Actually if the price difference is too much I'll just go for the cheaper one.
I need to get my hands on a stopgap GPU first, and since most RAMs that I considered are out of stock anyway, just waiting. Imma hit up ITwares after lockdown and grab that Sport LT if they have it. If they dont, back to hunting lol

Edit: in my previous reply, I meant 8k for 16gb LPX

Last edited:
Back