Reliance 3G Data Tariff dropped by 50 per cent (1GB for Rs.123)

Someone on IBF mentioned that Airtel (aka Failtel, Cr@ptel) is sending individual messages to users about 3G price reduction to 124 Rs for 1GB data.
If any airtel user has got message please confirm.

@swatkats
Oh is it ? Damn i have a Mumbai Sim and using in Pune all the time. Hope the India wide number portability comes soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1374222543][/DOUBLEPOST]Also got to know Tata Docomo is offering 1GB 3G at 98 Rs in some circles, Pune also i think ?
Try this docomo users..

Dial *141# then go to 3g recharges option. > one time activation > Select 7 for more

This info from IBF forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
False alarm of Airtel, it is some one time activation offer only and probably has been going on from before. Airtel has not slashed the rates.

Hmm, i wonder if the recent 100% FDI investment allowed in the telecom sector has any bearing here. Technically, it was to allow existing foreign operators to continue working in India. Maybe new players might want to enter the market now.[DOUBLEPOST=1374227079][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would rather prefer if I get good speeds in 3G for now.

That's just it, you get better congestion management with 4G than 3G. So you will get better speeds or in the indian context lets say more stable.

Relaince 3G offer is 1gb @ Rs. 123. They say they will not allow data usage on dongles through this plan ( don't know how they will limit it, nat be through IMEI). Plus if you exceed the 1 gb limit, be ready to pay through nose. Charges for exceeding data limit are 10p/10kb. Other operators will charge you 2p/10kb.

Further , I am really not sure how these companies count the data data downloads. in case of Failtel I know for sure that they do lot of gadbad in data billing. Vodafone and MTNL are better, with MTNL being most fair. Reliance CDMA's EVDO is also very fair, don't know about the GSM.

If one is on prepaid and if you think you are going to go over 1GB and still lot of days are left then i would just renew the plan prematurely. At least i can do that on vodafone.[DOUBLEPOST=1374233609][/DOUBLEPOST]Tweeted to VodafoneIN that reliance has reduced 3G plan rates, i think i should port out.
They replied with "we will get back to you to address your concern" :p

Everyone start giving shock treatment to your operators on twitter / FB etc.

Hmm, i wonder if the recent 100% FDI investment allowed in the telecom sector has any bearing here. Technically, it was to allow existing foreign operators to continue working in India. Maybe new players might want to enter the market now.

I don't think any company will be having enough guts to enter Indian Telecom Scene.
Already there is a tough war going on between 6-8 Operators. Companies are dying hard to break even.

Everyone start giving shock treatment to your operators on twitter / FB etc.

there aren't any official news from other companies. May be tomorrow or by monday :p

I don't think any company will be having enough guts to enter Indian Telecom Scene.
Already there is a tough war going on between 6-8 Operators. Companies are dying hard to break even.
Foreign operators have very deep pockets, this is why we tried to keep them out for so long.

. in case of Failtel I know for sure that they do lot of gadbad in data billing. Vodafone and MTNL are better, with MTNL being most fair. Reliance CDMA's EVDO is also very fair, don't know about the GSM.

I have using Airtel since my first mobile and 3G since last two years (2G before that) and I have never seen any gadbad in my data billing. The Airtel app for android and the default data counter in Android shows almost the same data usage for me (well, +/- 10/20mb).

Once I was using a different access point, for which they charge 10p/10kb (2G days) instead of the one I should be using to avail the 2gb/Rs98 plan - and I got a bill of around Rs2000. I called them and said that I'm not going to pay as I was not aware of the two different access points and no one from Airtel clarified me. Well, though I didn't expected, the removed the whole data usage amount my bill.

Idea 1gb 3g 135 rs Validity 1 month for Mumbai Circle
what an idea sirji was good if was implemented earlier :mad:

even @iChaitanya Says Docomo in Pune is offering 1Gb 3G for less than 100.

Yes, that's the true-true:
4cx4OMd.png

However, beware of 40 minute disconnections! Session is forcefully terminated every 40 minutes and re-connects after 10-15 retries. Speed is 3-4 Mbps max with full signal strength.[DOUBLEPOST=1374331046][/DOUBLEPOST]
Idea 1gb 3g 135 rs Validity 1 month for Mumbai Circle
what an idea sirji was good if was implemented earlier :mad:

Source? Same for MH & Goa circle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is true but Airtel also slashed 3G data rates after Reliance. Waiting for Vodafone to change their 3G plan rates.:)

Just a day after Reliance reduced its 3G data rates for prepaid and postpaid customers, Bharti Airtel seem to have followed suit by slashing its 3G rates, thus bringing it on a par with 2G data tariffs.
Under the new 3G plan by airtel, users can enjoy 1 GB 3G data at Rs.124 for 1 month. Although the plan has not been officially revealed by operator yet, it is expected to be a one time offer available with all the airtel retailers. We’ll update our readers as and when any confirmation will be received on the same.
As expected, this move by Airtel is to counter the 3G offers by Reliance and give them a head-on competition. In the days to come, we are hopeful to see many such offers from other operators. Stay tuned !

Source

Back