Reliance Broadband : Wifi setup with wired type connection

I'm posting this on behalf of my friend who just got a Reliance Broadband (600kbps Day 1mbps night) connection...

Steps Followed:
Removed the stock router
Installed ZyXel P660 ADSL2+Wifi Router
In WAN settings selected connection type as Bridge LLC, vpi/vci: (0/35)

The thing is either LAN work or Wifi work, both dont work simultaneously. if connection is active on computer connected through LAN and one connect through wifi then it says "Session was not logged out, please log out and sign in again to use the internet" (Dont remember exact words)

Tried adding MAC address separately in the router settings still cant connect two devices simultaneously.

its because reliance does not support dual login. since you have connected as bridge mode, every login attempt will count as new session. you need a separate router in between to connect simultaneously.
or connect as ppoe mode with connect on demand. it may work.

adsl modem <- router (which will dial and make one connection and share to two or more users)

I have 2 Wi-Fi setups are home.
TATA Indicom = TATA Router > Wi-Fi Router > Browsing over Wi-Fi.
Hathway = iBall Wi-Fi router which dials the connection > Browsing over Wi-Fi

Since the router dials the connection; it looks like a single connection. However the router does the translating part of public to private networks and vice versa, so it works like a charm.

I tried PPPoE but then Reliance login screen doesn't come up and pc don't connect to internet ...

So does he need to get Wifi Router or this ADSL2+Wifi Router can be used as just wifi router (I doubt it since reliance provided moden has only one Lan out) ??

^ how many lan ports on this zykel router? is the reliance modem still with you? use that to connect to the net, and use the zykel as router/repeater if it supports.

Oh dear. I think your friend is stuck to connect using the WebUI. His last resort would be to ask the Reliance Engineer who attends client calls to help him out.
Maybe bribe him with a chai ? :)

Reliance will not work in bridge mode or pppoe mode
Instead setup your router in dynamic or MER dynamic (in some routers) mode. Than you will able to use net on all devices whether connected via wifi or LAN cable
Also reliance BB does not work with all in one routers (modem+wifi router) correctly and cause many problems (my experience) instead go with separate modem and router. It will definitely work.

^ how many lan ports on this zykel router? is the reliance modem still with you? use that to connect to the net, and use the zykel as router/repeater if it supports.
There are 4 Lan ports on ZyXel... Yes reliance modem is with him... Zyxel has routing mode, i'll ask him to try that...

Oh dear. I think your friend is stuck to connect using the WebUI. His last resort would be to ask the Reliance Engineer who attends client calls to help him out.
Maybe bribe him with a chai ? :)
The one who did installation had no idea about how to setup the wifi router , he said "try karke dekhlo, but mostly nahi chalega" :lol:

Reliance will not work in bridge mode or pppoe mode
Instead setup your router in dynamic or MER dynamic (in some routers) mode. Than you will able to use net on all devices whether connected via wifi or LAN cable
Also reliance BB does not work with all in one routers (modem+wifi router) correctly and cause many problems (my experience) instead go with separate modem and router. It will definitely work.

Don't remember having "dynamic" option in WAN settings, will look into other menus... If this doesn't work, which router would you suggest ? He want cheapest option :p

Ok found a guide. Hope you have not yet seen it and will probably help here,
I read the guide and I think you should choose Enable DHCP server so that you get IP addresses assigned to the Wi Fi clients.

I did try it before, but problem is ZyXel router dont have MAC Encapsulation Routing (MER) option, instead it has ENET ENCAP and RFC 1483... And if I enable DHCP then what should be the Start IP Address, End IP Address? :confused:
After enabling DHCP do I need to add MAC address of the to be connected PC in client list specifically??
Will try this guide again when above things clears up :goku:

All asus router works fine with reliance.
Asus RT-N10E Wireless-N150 Router

DHCP address can be done in the following
192.168.1.1 -> Admin page of modem
192.168.1.2 -> Router admin page
192.168.1.3 -> IP for 1st device (Start from here)
................ and so on till the number of devices you have.

add to above post:

Subnet mask = 255.255.255.-0
Gateway = 192,168.1.1 (assuming this is the IP you gave to the modem. If the router dials the connection then it should be 192.168.1.2)
DNS Server = 192.168.1.1 (or 2 depending who dials the connection)
In DNS servers you can give the actual DNS servers too which your ISP has. Even Google DNS works.

hi,i want to make my reliance wired bb connection wifi enabled,i m buyiny tp link wifi router for it,is it possible to make it wifi for my laptop,s2 samsung mobile?

Back