Reliance broadnet Connection Query

cisco_tech

ex-Mod
Hey Guys

i m getting 75 Kbps wala plan as a backup for 400 Rs per month .

Installation charge is 500 Rs. and i m getting it over ADSL . Modem and Cabling is Included in 500 Rs.

What i want to know what is their login method ? is it PPPOE ? or Do i have to login into their portal and then my net will work ?

AFAIK if it is ADSL then PPPOE but if u r getting thru your local cablewalla then tht Login Portal method .

Anyone have Connection Over ADSL ?

Let me know .

Thanx

You have to login at their portal.....and there is a timeout of 6 hours (21600 seconds) after which you're automatically logged out. You may use curl to run an autologin task at specific intervals to avoid logging in every 6 hours.

Neotheone said:
You have to login at their portal.....and there is a timeout of 6 hours (21600 seconds) after which you're automatically logged out. You may use curl to run an autologin task at specific intervals to avoid logging in every 6 hours.

The time out has been changed to 24hrs now.. hav to ask a reliance guy to come over and reconfigure

^^ Do you mean they'll reconfigure the ADSL modem (and change the timeout to 24hrs) if I ask them to do so ? Asking because It's still 6hrs for me.

Neotheone said:
^^ Do you mean they'll reconfigure the ADSL modem (and change the timeout to 24hrs) if I ask them to do so ? Asking because It's still 6hrs for me.
i din call thm.. they rang up to inform this change , and a guy turned up the nxt day to reconfigure.. Try calling up ur cust care and ask thm for 24hr usage

Update **

Got the connection. Modem is ZTE ZXDSL 831II .

As i wasnt available at home . Reliance ppl just done the wiring and left it.

i have the username on my modem box. and default password is broadnet.

I m able to SYNC UP with DSLAM 8000/800. :)

but how to configure it ? whats the VPI/VCI value and other settings to enter in the Modem ?

Thanx

okay finally net is working now .
here is the SpeedTest Result.

i m getting promised speed. Getting 8-10 KB on torrent.
But Stupid thing is their DHCP server .Lease is only for 2 hours. so i have to login into their portal to access the net.

Overall good for browsing and as a backup connection.
:)

Back