Reliance Digital Thread

I'd like to warn others of a pendrive I've previously bought from flipkart - a 128 GB HP one for rs. 500. It is beyond terrible; the transfer speeds are like 1 mb and 2 mbps and even below that. It is a fake, and I've stopped using it.
I've bought it and another 64gb one. How to test it properly?

I've bought it and another 64gb one. How to test it properly?
@guest_999 has linked a tool for checking fake pendrives. Another simpler way is to fill it up with large files and see how much it can actually store. Fake pendrives do not have the actual capacity that they advertise. Also check the transfer speeds. In my case, when I started copying a 2 GB file, it started at around 20 mbps and then in five seconds, the speed fell to 1 mbps, and stayed that way for a long time, until I just cancelled it. My pendrive also got pretty hot while using it.

Just because a pendrive is being sold at a lower than normal price doesn't necessarily mean it is fake. Maybe the seller is clearing old stock and that is why they are offering it at a lower price. But I myself am going to stay away from such deals, even though they are very attractive. Look at my case - I spents 500 rupees and got nothing in return!

Back