Reliance GSM SMS packs are CRAP :@

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Aug 27, 2007
Pune
www.wrapcode.com
Hey,

As you guys know, reliance is offering us 500sms/day on monthly recharge of Rs.25... I purchased card for Rs.5 for trying out the schemes :)P along with Rs.50 balance, 50p calling and 15000 sms free for a month)

Now I found, though reliance network is good for calling, their SMS schemes are CRAP. Almost 90% SMS are not getting delivered (not only mine but of my all friends).. What is use of such rubbish scheme?

I tried calling customer care but that sweet lady always saying, Yeh Route Vyast hai (Network is busy) :mad:..

How is your experience with Reliance SMS packs?

arvnd

Disciple
Dec 13, 2009
^^ reliance buggers are 100% cheats. Use their mobile only as a backup (their call rates are cheap). But never trust them ever. Experience has taught me.

And never recharge above 100 rupees...and keep watching ur balance. U never know when they decide to apply some VAS pack to your account.

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
arvnd said:
U never know when they decide to apply some VAS pack to your account.

The same issue here. One fine day when I looked at the bill they have charged close to Rs 75 for some VAS which I have never even heard. Immediately called customer care and got it removed. But there may be many others who don't check the bill properly and would have got cheated.

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
Dec 18, 2009
Ghatkopar, Mumbai
plus.google.com
varkey said:
The same issue here. One fine day when I looked at the bill they have charged close to Rs 75 for some VAS which I have never even heard. Immediately called customer care and got it removed. But there may be many others who don't check the bill properly and would have got cheated.

Same here. Found that they had put some callertune and was deducting my balance even though I had not activated the service.

arun687

Skilled
Jun 28, 2009
Mumbai
vivek.krishnan said:
Same here. Found that they had put some callertune and was deducting my balance even though I had not activated the service.

My mom uses reliance and I see that caller tune is activated automatically in her phone few days back :mad:

Is there any sms to unsubscribe to it? Calling their customer care is a pain, cannot get through all the time :mad:

krishnandu

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Kolkata
www.krishnandusarkar.com
I bought Reliance GSM offer sim. The offer was 500SMS/Day(Local, National, Roaming), Rs. 50/- Talktime, Lifetime sim and Lifetime Power of Call Rate @ Re.1/3min. I got the sim for Rs. 20/-

Well.......I mainly use Vodaphone and bought this sim for just the offer.

Now the experience : 1. I never hear anything and the person also whom I'm calling if I'm inside my room.

2. The sms's never gets delivered. If my luck is working the sms gets delivered after sending the same sms for 10times after 1/2 hour.

I left the sim after trieng it for 1week.

God.......I never saw such a bad conection. And as I'm used to vodaphone's great connection I just got frustrated on this network.

Almost same with Docomo. The call facility is ok. But same as SMS. SMS's never gets delivered. If I'm lucky the SMS's do gets delivered after 1day or 2days.

meet6600

Adept
Dec 5, 2009
Delhi
+1 same here bro.............since their GSM networks were started in Jan 2009 itself AFAIK....That's way for calling and all they are good but SMS Packs are the worst for me too...........bought an AirTel Connection and using SMS Packs which are though costly but atleast get DELIVERED!!

hiviky2212

Disciple
Oct 30, 2008
ya i know , i hv also activated n same issue , just get airtel or voda ,they may b little costlier but its d peace of mind , i guess in 4 years wid airtel , i can count on my hand no of sms getting not deliverd

Lozil

Disciple
Feb 11, 2006
Bangalore
lozil.blogspot.com
I got a Reliance SIM, Wanted to Activate GPRS, Tried calling Customer care... For 1 hour i kept the call active(Put on Loudspeaker and Continue work) as automated message was saying The Call will be Picked soon... :S

Few Min later I Threw away the SIM and I am still unable to Find it... :Bleh:

Happy with my Vodafone and Spice(for EDGE). :)

Dec 18, 2009
cdma seems to be much better with call quality/ drops and also sms delivery.

It is widely known that reliance gsm is still in its infant stage and is building its network.