Reliance USB Modem - Ping Status

WitcherX

Recruit
Hi guys,

I have got this Reliance Wireless USB Modem.

Specs.
3.1 Mbps Connection Speed.
254 Kbps Download speed
10gb Night 10gb Day plan.

It is really good for me. for occasional high data download and browsing and playing online internet games.

Problem : Hign ping status.
When I type ping Google

I get around 290 -320 ms.

Any solutions as I had 256kbps wired connection before this and the ping status was much better then this.

Hey its a wireless connection isn't it?
Then getting such high pings are quite natural....There nothing much you can do wireless connections will almost always have have higher ping than wired one.

Yes, your modem is based on EVDO so the ping will be high. In wireless internet I think wimax has wired connection like pings.

arun687 said:
Yes, your modem is based on EVDO so the ping will be high. In wireless internet I think wimax has wired connection like pings.

Hey I found the workaround.
MY OS is Windows 7.

Junst have to disable this IPV6 s h i t.

This has removed all kinds of lag which i used to experience in the games.
Now I can say I am WireFree and CABLE WALA harassment FREE.
Also now I can recommend Reliance Netconnect Broadband for Gaming.
Also for some ligtning fast downloads. Obviously if you are ok with the FUP.
For me I just play games so this is perfect for me.

BING! oooo I am wirefree.

Disable and Turn Off IPv6 Support in Vista My Digital Life
:clap::clap:

^^What games do you play? And what ping do you get to Singapore or Indian servers (if you play on Steam) ?

I am actually planning to either get a Tata Photon+ or this Reliance USB net connection for myself just for gaming. I want to play TF2 with decent pings.

I play ..
Left 4 Dead.
Aoe3
As of now.. have been playing
Dungeon and Dragons online MMORPG..

Google ping now is 300-350 range... its gd ..
If you play on steam most of the games are hosted on local server when u connect and have been able to play well without any problems.. there are some rare users who host games and they are bad ping.. so depends on what you find..

Reliance is one massive fkup. I opted for them in July and have experience terrible quality. I usually play mmorpg's and a bit of CS 1.6 . Latency to mumbai is in the 100s. The major problem starts out when Iplay world of warcraft.

In raid environments (25player) the connection just gives up and disconnects me from the game. I even paid them 2k for a static ip in the supposedly less crowded 124 ip range and still no respite.

It could be jitter or interference (I'm using a wimax router) but would jitter cause my average ping to the gateway itself to spike from 35 ms (minimum) all the way to 250ms with average latency to the GATEWAY at around 65-70ms!

Airtel released their services in my area and I will go in for it soon. Btw, I've treied everything other than this disabling ipv6 support. I'll get home and see if theres any difference. I really, really doubt it though.

Back