Remove RO Membrane from UV+UF+RO Water Purifier and use it as UV+UF

Hi all,
The model in question is the AquaGuard Enhance RO

The elderly couple has moved in from our city outskirts where they had a well for drinking purposes to the flat which is getting piped water which is basically supplied by the municipality.

The query is whether can we remove the RO Functionality from their existing purifier and use it with just UV+UF. If so what should be done? Will the output water be good as before?

Please share your inputs.

Ideally speaking yes you can just remove the ro cartridge. But you will definetly notice a huge difference in the taste of the water which might take a week or so to get accustomed to. I don't know what exactly you mean by output. But the tds of the water will be higher around ~150 to 200 level instead of 15-20 with an ro membrane. Which is actually good for your body.

Just ensure that the tds is not much higher than that else it'll be hard to drink.

Also from the link you shares there is some added copper technology and stuff I believe you will retain that cartridge? This will go really bad really soon and would suggest removing it along with ro and just use uv + uf.

Technically uv will kill the bacterias, viruses etc and uf will. Trap majority of them I think upto 100 microns. Ro traps upto 10microns so it filters viruses better but since it's municipality water it would be pre treated.

@mehtaarjun
Thanks for the reply. I am going to their home on Sunday to test out the taste of water, have ordered the TDS,PH test kit and will try it out and update here.
I am not sure whether they have it attached. but as you said will have to remove that too since it will be overburdened.

Back