Android Removing bloatware without root

I am afraid, if you cant remove with this tool then the only option is root.
Services in Samsung, Miui would be different. You would need to check what those services do in Samsung's One UI. If your phone is working properly then no need to tamper. You never know how things and may end up doing more harm than good.
I don't think there are any ads issue with Samsung, right? So leave it as it is.
Even I cannot uninstall Google Pay from my phone, left it as it is.

The objective of this tool is to debloat MAXIMUM possible. rest leave it,

Doesn't adb method work on Samsung phones? I have used this method to debloat, install custom roms for past 8 years.

Check -

The procedure will remain similar, only the programs will change that you can copy from https://github.com/khlam/debloat-samsung-android/blob/master/commands.txt

Or you can follow instructions from here as well - https://github.com/khlam/debloat-samsung-android

Doesn't adb method work on Samsung phones? I have used this method to debloat, install custom roms for past 8 years.

Check -

The procedure will remain similar, only the programs will change that you can copy from https://github.com/khlam/debloat-samsung-android/blob/master/commands.txt

Or you can follow instructions from here as well - https://github.com/khlam/debloat-samsung-android
This link explains the same https://technastic.com/remove-samsung-bloatware-safe-to-remove-apps/ but as @Tejas01 has mentioned above it is used to debloat, disabling those apps not actually removing them. The same is true atleast for Samsung phones.

This link explains the same https://technastic.com/remove-samsung-bloatware-safe-to-remove-apps/ but as @Tejas01 has mentioned above it is used to debloat, disabling those apps not actually removing them. The same is true atleast for Samsung phones.
ADB will only work on apps with debugging disabled. Titanium Backup does not work anymore for most apps since it was never updated to work with Android 10.

One debugging module on Magisk is no longer developed and the newer ones just disable the apps when root is loaded and not when it is not, since Samsung phones need the button combo to load root at boot.

I spent several days deleting various system apps and came up with a list that works absolutely fine since most of the lists on the web delete stuff which causes issues later on. I delete these apps with root and then remove root. Also, most of the speed benefit actually comes from flashing Samsung Multi Disabler which you can find on XDA.

ADB will only work on apps with debugging disabled. Titanium Backup does not work anymore for most apps since it was never updated to work with Android 10.

One debugging module on Magisk is no longer developed and the newer ones just disable the apps when root is loaded and not when it is not, since Samsung phones need the button combo to load root at boot.

I spent several days deleting various system apps and came up with a list that works absolutely fine since most of the lists on the web delete stuff which causes issues later on. I delete these apps with root and then remove root. Also, most of the speed benefit actually comes from flashing Samsung Multi Disabler which you can find on XDA.
since most of the lists on the web delete stuff which causes issues later on
So, in a nutshell not possible without root and with root too it might cause issues later? I disabled many services as mentioned in that link and I feel the phone has slowed down a lot. I don't remember which were those but should I enable each of them one by one?

I use this guide https://www.xda-developers.com/unin...243.112210459.1614344901-744841634.1611850161

More or less same thing but yes you can remove ( well disable ) as many or whatevr services you want from your android phone. Other option is obviously to root !

I have removed most useless google and carrier services on my v20 without any issues and its significantly faster. But like @t3chg33k said its better to remoeve only basic stuff . but I also came up with my own list of what to remove with trial and error and if something didnt work reanbled it.

Having said that you can get the whole list of runnings services with adb command and then some of them is very obvious you can remove like easteregg , partnersetup , promotions this that.

I for myself removed all google apps and replaced them with foss ones ( maybe i will write a guide on that ) inc dialer etc partly for privacy reasons also and that made it super fast too.

I disabled many services as mentioned in that link and I feel the phone has slowed down

Are you trying to debloat a samsung or miui device ?

So, in a nutshell not possible without root and with root too it might cause issues later? I disabled many services as mentioned in that link and I feel the phone has slowed down a lot. I don't remember which were those but should I enable each of them one by one?
Check XDA for your phone model, you will find amazing custom roms, most of those remove bloatware and junk apps.
I used a custom rom on my NOTE 3 for years.. it was amazing..

Removing these apps makes almost no diff in performance. I did it but now I don't bother with it. I use Nova and it just hide whatever I don't want to see/use.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Removing these apps makes almost no diff in performance. I did it but now I don't bother with it. I use Nova and it just hide whatever I don't want to see/use.

Not true in my opinion but with modern phones have so much ram its hard to notice difference anyway . But since i use lot of older devices its makes world of difference. My lg v20 is unusable ( party because it has worst thermals every ) If I dont disable some of the google / system / Lg stuff.

But it all depends if a service isnt running in background or doesnt use too much ram etc you wont get much benifit removing them . But for older devices everything counts even replacing dilaer sms email client etc to a less heavy one makes huge difference when I load up my old xperia devices from 2012 sometimes just as a music player or xperia play for a game or two. And custom roms without bloatware like @Futureized said some of old devices usable even now.

I dont know how nova works and if it disbales those apps or just hides them from search.

What phone is this ?
Redmi Note 9 Pro max. Nova can be installed on any android and you can tweak it like crazy.
Not true in my opinion but with modern phones have so much ram its hard to notice difference anyway . But since i use lot of older devices its makes world of difference. My lg v20 is unusable ( party because it has worst thermals every ) If I dont disable some of the google / system / Lg stuff.

But it all depends if a service isnt running in background or doesnt use too much ram etc you wont get much benifit removing them . But for older devices everything counts even replacing dilaer sms email client etc to a less heavy one makes huge difference when I load up my old xperia devices from 2012 sometimes just as a music player or xperia play for a game or two. And custom roms without bloatware like @Futureized said some of old devices usable even now.

I dont know how nova works and if it disbales those apps or just hides them from search.
Just hides. All apps are there and appear in search if you wanna use them.

Works good on old phones it seems then :)

No some built in services can only be disabled for current user not uninstalled , but after disabling they dont work in background so its good enough for me
They get enabled again if they receive a call from some depended app, not fully disabled..
Default android Mail, fb, chrome, etc. are some of those.

Even if you have root, what would you suggest best freeware to disable some unwanted services (like i have in my note 4)

They get enabled again if they receive a call from some depended app, not fully disabled..
Default android Mail, fb, chrome, etc. are some of those.

Even if you have root, what would you suggest best freeware to disable some unwanted services (like i have in my note 4)
No they dont as long as you disable the service running behind them as well. But yes some cant be disabled depending on vendor like google framework services etc

I also take away all permissions from those apps, and use foss apps for everything inc calling. Best is to install Lineage if not just install open source alternatives of all apps from fdroid store or you can get lineage os mail , caller apks from apk pure and use them. Tbh security on smartphone will never be 100 percent secure anyway , even if you do that your data is still with google as you are using them for mail and contacts. But i do this because i was in software before and also find it interesting.

you can install netguard to block services from having internet access exccept the ones you want, there are multiple adblockers etc. But all of it is time consuming.

I think best and easiest way is if you have root already install a good clean custom rom / Lineage if available for your phone and use foss apps as they are lighter and also secure.

I installed lineage on my v20 it made it probably double fast but I lost fm radio and ir sensor so went back to stock and debloated.

I am afraid, if you cant remove with this tool then the only option is root.
Services in Samsung, Miui would be different. You would need to check what those services do in Samsung's One UI. If your phone is working properly then no need to tamper. You never know how things and may end up doing more harm than good.
I don't think there are any ads issue with Samsung, right? So leave it as it is.
Even I cannot uninstall Google Pay from my phone, left it as it is.

The objective of this tool is to debloat MAXIMUM possible. rest leave it,
Is it safe to uninstall miui analytics, app vault and other mi services/apps? Has anyone posted a list of services which are safe to be removed?

Back