Budget 90k+ Rendering rig. Budget around 2.25-2.5L.

scarletwitch

Disciple
Hey guys, I am in the process of finalizing my rendering rig. I'd be mostly working on 3Ds Max + Corona rendering engine(Mostly CPU rendering) to produce 2K renders. Sometimes I work on Lumion too(GPU for that). Won't be overclocking though. Stock config. Long-lasting config.

Do you experts think that this build is fine or should I replace something? budget is flexible.

CPU: i9-12900K
GPU: Gonna finalize between 3070/3070Ti/3080. Depending on what I am able to get.
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
MoBo: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 (I don't think the benefits of DDR5 outweigh its ridiculous price at this point)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) plus I'll get like some 3TB barracuda or something for assets/library/files.
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHZ *2 (still on the fence about upgrading to 64GB)
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 750 Bronze - V2
Case: NZXT H510

Would be buying in Nehru Place from SMC/Pappi or online.
Not into any RGB stuff. Just want a highly functional, rugged build that is thermally sound.

Any suggestions?

You can start with better ram, 3000mhz is kind of slow especially when you can get faster ram at decent timings for not much more. Try and get some Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz(or faster) sticks, its micron rev E which is the next best thing after b die.

I'd also suggest a better cpu cooler, power supply and try to get a 12900KF if its cheaper by a margin that is significant to you.
Plus I hope you are getting the mesh version of the H510.

You can start with better ram, 3000mhz is kind of slow especially when you can get faster ram at decent timings for not much more. Try and get some Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz(or faster) sticks, its micron rev E which is the next best thing after b die.

I'd also suggest a better cpu cooler, power supply and try to get a 12900KF if its cheaper by a margin that is significant to you.
Plus I hope you are getting the mesh version of the H510.
Hi, @-purpleshad0w- , thanks for a detailed reply.
Oh yes. I forgot to update. I'd be going with at least 3600mhz. Thanks for that. I'll update the ram to Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 3600MHz.
I don't want to get 12900KF because the only difference between the model you suggested and the one I am getting is the onboard GPU. If in case my dedicated GPU fails, my computer would still work with 12900K because of the backup of the onboard GPU. The price difference is hardly 2-3K so that's why I preferred it.

Regarding the CPU cooler, I thought Noctua NH-D15 was the best air cooler which trumped a lot of water coolers too. Do you have a suggestion for a better one?
Regarding PSU, are you saying the wattage is insufficient or something else?
Regarding the case, yes, I'd be getting H510 Flow. Do you have any recommendations for better cooling? I don't really care about the looks. Performance is the main priority. I am also considering Lian Li Lancool II Mesh.

5950x + B550 with Thunderbolt ( Asus ProArt or Gigabyte Vision) + 64GB RAM + 3060Ti + Good IPS Monitor is what I would recommend.

Hi @Fenix ,
I've already compared 5950x with 12900K, for my rendering engine and 3Ds Max. 3Ds max still uses single core(I know!) only and a single-core speed of 12900K trumps 5950x. Also, the multicore speed difference between the two is less than the single-core speed difference. I did a comparative study sometime back and that's how I arrived at 12900K. I have attached it for your reference.

1653023780869.png

I agree regarding the good IPS monitor. Since it is going to be a graphic oriented work, colour perfection is the main priority. I've narrowed down Benq GW2780. Have you got any recommendations?

Last edited:
I don't if you have any time at hand. If you can then wait for zen4.
Zen4 seems like it'd be launched in September. In my teens, I realized that the thing with tech is, that there's always something way better coming in the next few months. By the time it becomes affordable, the next big thing is also around the corner. So, I have grown to settle for something which is already there at a good price and buy the latest tech again when needed. Helps me keep my sanity this way.

Back